Results 1 to 12 of 12
Thread: Bird Id
Hi guys just wanted to know what type of bird this is?? Just strolled into the backyard
- 18-Aug-12, 03:41 PM #2
- Join Date
Someones pet quail/dinner.Take it or leave it.
Lol yea thought it was a quail just want to know what type and gender.
Looks like a Pythinius Dinnerus
It's a jap quail. To sex them you usually have to tickles their 'special' bits (this is method I know of, if there are any others out there that are reliable I'd like to know ).
Just feed it to one of your snakes
- 19-Aug-12, 10:51 AM #8
don't feed it to your snakes! you don't know if it has mites/worms, plus it's too cute. What are you going to do with it?1 Diamond Python (Heidi), 1 Darwin Carpet Python (Blaze), 3 Children's Pythons (Charlie, Eleanor & Boo Radley), 3 Black Soil Dragons (Icarus, Calypso & Rocket), 2 Central Netted Dragons (Triton & Sally), and 1 Corgidor (Bonnie).
Keep it for a pet, good for the bottom of an avairy! I had one once it got as quiet as a chicken!
I like the idea of keeping it IN a pet better
- 20-Aug-12, 06:24 AM #11
Its a male based on its chestnut throat - its of a colour variety known as an Italian (although how you get an Italian Japanese quail has always baffled me). They are not particularly energetic so it would have come from somewhere nearby.
Thanks guys. Yea will be a pet always wanted to breed quails so might go ahead and give it ago.
- By Cyann in forum Other AnimalsReplies: 11Last Post: 22-May-12, 10:06 PM
- By LadyJ in forum Other AnimalsReplies: 29Last Post: 31-Aug-10, 07:58 AM
- By bump73 in forum Other AnimalsReplies: 17Last Post: 21-Sep-08, 07:55 PM
- By falconboy in forum Other AnimalsReplies: 19Last Post: 02-Nov-07, 03:55 PM
- By Ozzie Python in forum Chit ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 25-May-07, 03:41 PM