JasonL is offline Random Visitor Subscriber
    Age/Gender
    40 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonian View Post

Only reason I would want a Hyacinth would be for bragging rights & possibly to get into the playboy mansion for a breeding loan with Hughes Parrot lol
    as long as it's only the parrot your looking at breeding with...........
    Herps.... an itch that just never goes....

kak1 is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As most of us would know the internet is a haven for serial pests, spammers and conmen (as well as good people like us herpers). Any time a scam shows up it should be reported immediately. A man has just been jailed for ripping people off by "selling" them macaws at cheap prices. Ofcourse the birds never turned up at the airport where people were waiting to pick them up. We breed Macaws (Hahn's & Blue & Gold), Amazons, Caiques and other species and have no problem showing people (who are purchasing from us) the birds. I'd be careful and do some serious homework before buying over the net. Yes I sell over the net at times but almost always let potential buyers view the birds if time permits.

recidivist is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bring up an old thread (if it's old) but I saw this thread while searching random stuff.

There are about 30 odd Hyacinths registered in Australia.. But there are more out there. Females are rarer than the males so they fetch $70,000 aud while the males are $50,000.. Pretty much anyone who's buying one will be using it in a breeding program to hopefully up the gene pool.

There's not just three species on macaws in Australia either. There's nearly every species.. Greenwings, scarlets, hahns, severe, red fronted, military, hyacinth, yellow collar, blue and gold.. Even a lutino blue and gold, only one in Australia and the 4th known in the world.. It's currently up for sale too and even buffons which there's only two registered.. but more unregistered.

The rarer macs like the military, red fronted and such are usually about $50,000.

Huge waiting lists on the rarer ones, too. We're talking years, not just months.

Just so you know.

Australis is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And everyone moans about the price of pythons!!
    Lucky for bigger clutch sizes
    *_*

ally_pup is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.perkyparrots.com/home.cfm

Some lovely birds in AUS for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ally_pup you posted our link lol. That's my mates aviary establishment which I work at. We attend sales etc and you will see us at a few in the near future hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recividist,

You have hit the nail on the head with your post however there are a few less then 30 registered Hyacinths but definately a few other non registered one's about. Great post by the way.
    Last edited by kak1; 10-Jun-08 at 07:20 PM.

HerpDr is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those lutino's look cool but I think I would get a coloured one over a lutino any day. The colours on all the macaws are amazing - they are my favourite and can't wait to get one - its gonna be a long wait though

ally_pup is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha sorry Kak1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all good Ally. Hopefully people will find some good info on the site. Feel free to post it anytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True.. Last I knew there were like 25 registered blue gentle giants and thought maybe a few had been hatched.

Funny story about that family who were lucky enough to breed that lutino B&G. It was their first time at breeding macaws and it was their first clutch... Now they're selling it.

Kak1, I'm jelous!!! hahaha. You're so lucky to be working with Amazons, caiques and amazons! I've only ever been in contact with one blue and gold that my friend owns, who also breeds macaws, amazons, exotic lorikeets and all the rest. Your friends site is really good too, full to the brim of info. Looks like really good breeders.

I want one of those musky smelling blue fronts haha. I can wish for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recividist,

I wrote all the content on the site along with Mark. I also took all the photos on the site. Hopefully the site will keep people interested and provide them with info. I love working with exotics and at the moment we are raising baby Blue & Golds.

The statement put out their that there are only a few lutino Blue & Golds worldwide is a little misleading with two of my American friends currently breeding this mutation. They too know of a few others. Anyhow the lucky people who bred the Lutino in Australia will make a good amount of money off of it. Have a nice day.

Regards,
    Jade

P.S Yellow-crowned Amazons are also great pets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? That's interesting. They ever sell any of their birds? Do they have any sites or don't they publish that they have them?

As far as I knew it was such a rare mutation that anyone who did have one wouldn't relly let anyone know because the fear of idiot bird snatchers.

I love macaw mutations. Especially the blue and gold mutations like black and gold, white and blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recidivist,

There are a few macaw mutations. Blue, pied, cinnamon, grey-green, lutino etc mutations are found in various species of macaws. Yes some have sold lutino's and splits but don't have websites. No they don't tell a great deal of people for fear of theft however as I write for a few bird mags worldwide I am lucky to talk with a great deal of breeders. I have examined photos and have no doubt that they are breeding them. So far the overseas lutino seems to be a NSL Lutino.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123