Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread: What is this gecko?
- 16-May-11, 10:48 PM #1
What is this gecko?
Saw this at the place we stayed at in Broome, any ideas?
Would've been around 20cm?
Asian house gecko imo
- 17-May-11, 12:05 AM #3
I would've liked to catch and keep it but had a reptile-fearing not-quite-mother-in-law staying with us lol. Saw a beautiful green tree snake too that would've made a nice addition but he got away Wasn't quick enough to get pics of him
- 17-May-11, 12:23 AM #4
- 17-May-11, 12:25 AM #5
I'm kidding you know that right? I wouldn't take a wild one without know at least a little bit about them first lol besides I don't really like geckos they're too soft.
If you truly believe it to be immoral and you practice what you preach, then you don’t have any pets. All pets originated from wild collected animals.
- 17-May-11, 04:53 PM #7
That could be a Gehyra it is not good enough pic to tell from it or Asian House.
Definitely a Gehyra but based on the photo, I'm not sure of the species.
- 17-May-11, 05:01 PM #9
Gehyra sp. most likely.<pop culture reference>
- 18-May-11, 09:55 AM #10Definitely a Gehyra but based on the photo, I'm not sure of the species.
I understand but the major influencing factor for me was its toes. I do not live in an area inhabited by Hemidactylus and base comparisons on images so this may be the reason I'm wrong but to me, the width and shape of the toes alongside its body and head (like you've said) just say to me that it is a Gehyra. Obviously though, the image doesn't give me any more indication of what it is than that.
snake food for the GTS(╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻
- 18-May-11, 03:53 PM #13
Last edited by GeckoJosh; 18-May-11 at 05:48 PM.Keeper and/or breeder of various geckos, small dragons, Broad-banded Sand Swimmers, RHD Womas, Jungles and Colubrids
I agree with Geckoman. Unfortunately, this statement is often used to justify wild collection:
- By nico77 in forum Wanted to BuyReplies: 6Last Post: 12-Dec-10, 08:10 PM
- By Diakos in forum Wanted to BuyReplies: 0Last Post: 27-Aug-09, 11:00 AM
- By Luke1 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 34Last Post: 28-Oct-07, 10:26 AM
- By mblissett in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 14Last Post: 03-Oct-04, 12:19 PM
- By redline in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 29-Sep-04, 08:40 AM