Results 1 to 4 of 4
Smart or Lazy Beardie?
I have a 3 month old central bearded dragon (Gizmo) in a 3 foot fish tank for now and he has two levels, top level has basking spot and hide and on bottom level is newspaper a few rocks and branches, his greens and I leave crickets in there so he can eat as he pleases. Also if the crickets annoy him he can go to his top level to get away from them. I also hand feed him calcium dusted crickets and roaches (so they dont escape)
Anyway to the question, Gizmo has stopped eating the crickets and out of his bowl and now he only eats watever I hand feed him, Is it possible that Gizmo has figured out he dosen't need to bother chasing food coz I'll give it to him by hand? (i dont mind hand feeding him, just curious)
I'd say he is starting Brumation. Beardies will start slowing down quickly this time of year, my three aren't eat any where near as much as they have been recently. Completely natural. Not to worry.Owns 10 Black Rock Scorpions, 3 Hatchling Bearded dragons, WTB: Blue tongue babies, delivered to Orange NSW or near by!
Cheers Rocky, I was kind of hoping he was really smart and realised, why bother chasing food when this stupid person is always bringing it to me
Haha, nah. They are smart animals, but not that smart... yet.Owns 10 Black Rock Scorpions, 3 Hatchling Bearded dragons, WTB: Blue tongue babies, delivered to Orange NSW or near by!
- By grub73 in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 5Last Post: 15-Sep-09, 04:39 PM
- By biggie in forum Herp HelpReplies: 6Last Post: 04-Oct-08, 07:04 PM
- By Bryce in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 39Last Post: 28-Sep-08, 08:53 AM
- By Crush in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 17Last Post: 26-Jul-08, 09:39 AM
- By kevyn in forum Chit ChatReplies: 51Last Post: 27-Dec-03, 09:50 PM