Results 1 to 4 of 4
Appropriate breeding ages for carpet pythons
I've got books about this sort of thing but it doesn't compare to individual animals and peoples own experiences, would anyone care to contribute information on this?I'm after carpet pythons; would prefer stripes, females, pure or crosses, have 23 so far and more on their way. See WTB section for what Im after. Not a tyrekicker, I just ask many questions and Im over friendly & talkative too.
a safe breeding age for carpets is roughly 4 years, but size comes into the equation aswell,
you dont want your snake being to small otherwise it could end up 'egg bound' i belive.
also weight plays a critical role.
some one please correct me if im wrong?
Males can be up for it from 18 months and a female from 36 months to five years of age for first breeding. My bredli was mated at year 3 & 4 but only became gravid on her 5th year and every subsequent year since.
I've had some tell me differently too, thats why I am asking. Some have said 4-5, others have said 2-3. I can wait till my girls are the right age but I will not force anything on them. If I am to work on this Tiger project idea then I will need to know this stuff and I also know the info will be different for each animal according to seasons and all that too, but I want to make sure the animals welfare comes first.I'm after carpet pythons; would prefer stripes, females, pure or crosses, have 23 so far and more on their way. See WTB section for what Im after. Not a tyrekicker, I just ask many questions and Im over friendly & talkative too.
- By bpb02 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 11-Feb-11, 05:47 PM
- By miss2 in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 4Last Post: 22-Apr-10, 10:47 AM
- By BenReyn in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-Mar-08, 01:29 PM
- By Charlie in forum Herp HelpReplies: 14Last Post: 02-Nov-06, 05:13 PM
- By daveyg1 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 27-Mar-05, 11:17 AM