Results 46 to 54 of 54
- 06-Sep-11, 10:28 PM #46
It is a hormonal female, very nice specimen though. If you're looking at establishing a "true blue line" you need a true blue adult male (not the zig-zag marked Sorong type or something with faint blue markings or a shade). So, back to my first note - "keep on dreaming".
At what age do you recommend sexing GTP's?
I'm under the impression that hatchlings are too small to be sexed without damaging them?
- 11-May-12, 01:49 PM #48
It really depends on their size rather than age. The earliest would be 8 months of age but much later with small individuals.
You just have to feel comfortable with handling them before and when the probe is inserted, i.e. not to bend their backs at cloaca and not to hold the tail too firmly. I always spend some time just handling them, running my fingers around and over the posterior until they relax. The right size probe and lubricant are essential.
Another point - I always rest the probe in a glass of warm water between probing. LOL No one would like a piece of cold steel up their .......
- 11-May-12, 01:59 PM #49
- Join Date
- Somewhere in the back of beyond
Thank-you for posting the sheet, I appreciate the information you share.
If you throw stones make sure you dont live in a glass house
- 15-Jul-12, 09:38 AM #50
am i missing something here? i can't find the fact sheet??
How do i look at the fact sheet? Am new to this site.. am i missing something?
Two posts up from yours.
- 27-Feb-13, 08:06 PM #54
Just to add... Anyone chasing "The more complete Chondro" it's now available as an ebook for like $29. I believe the hard copy is out of print these days..."Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect "
- By ralliart3 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 22-May-10, 05:14 PM
- By kazray in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 7Last Post: 14-Nov-08, 10:39 AM
- By reptilemart in forum Herp HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 04-May-06, 05:21 PM
- By Switch in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 29Last Post: 11-Jul-04, 09:24 PM
- By ashley_morris22 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 10-Jun-04, 07:44 PM