Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Just a quick MD question...
Just a quick MD question...
I have a 15 x 28cm heatmat that sits under a 30 x 30 x 30cm enclosure and is attatched to a thermostat set at 33c for my MD
It also has a three in one log hide and a water bowl in there.
But what I'm really wondering is. Do I need a UV or Basking light up the top as well?
And what wattage would be good for the above enclosure?
That enclosure is fairly small. Is it a really young MD? for that size enclosure the heat matt should be fine and no UV is needed. You will soon enough need a bigger enclosure anyway
- 02-May-12, 11:28 PM #3Power Seller
- Join Date
- Landsborough, Qld. 4550
From what I have learned, pythons dont tend to need uv thru the skin like some lizzards, pythons get the vitamines from the liver and organs of the rats/mice, whereas lizzards create the vitamine (D?) from the uv light. I would be just using a standard flouro or the lowest uv flouro you can get. I have a 5uv for my bredli, but just standard flouro for my MD. Heat mats in all enclosures with thermostat.
It's almost 4 months old. About 40 - 50cm at a guess.
- By Ciircz in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 7Last Post: 31-Aug-09, 07:19 PM
- By Rielle in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 17Last Post: 08-Aug-09, 05:30 PM
- By tys-mart in forum Other Australian Reptiles and AmphibiansReplies: 7Last Post: 02-Sep-06, 10:40 PM
- By cam in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 02-Sep-06, 09:17 PM
- By bam_bam in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 23Last Post: 18-Jul-06, 03:59 PM