Results 1 to 9 of 9
Poor tree snake.....
Was driving out to my mates place today and saw this fella get clipped by the car in front of me, they did swerve to miss but still got him. I pulled over to get him off the road but was not in a good way at all and died shortly afterwards.
I measured him at 143cm which I thought was quite large for one of these, or at least longer than any i had seen before.....is this bigger than normal/average for a GTS?
- 03-Mar-12, 04:15 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mandurah...Western Australia
Poor little thing, at least you did the right thing and stopped to see if you could help...good for you.Life offers us many bed fellows....be careful whom you choose !!
yeah, was gonna drop him to a vet I know that does native wildlife on my way home, if nothing else get him off the road so it doesnt attract more animals onto the road.....witty comment
- 03-Mar-12, 04:22 PM #4
That's no good mate. I have only ever seen 1 GTS and that way dead as well. Don't know what killed the one I found as it had great condition so looked nice and healthy, it didn't have any marks/bleeding/skin torn/nothing visual to give a reason. It was a fair size probably 1.2m or so.
Gts don't normally eat rat bait or 1080
But they might eat a rat who's eaten rat bait, ok fine I'm out of my knowledge base, I keep dragons not snakes, but the whole "no physical markings" thing just sounded like poison to me.
- 22-May-12, 10:02 PM #8
- Join Date
- Ipswich, QLD.
Good job trying to help it. Was such a nice looking snake too. Such a shame.
Gts eat frogs and skinks mainly in the wild but I get where your coming from with the poison and no sign causing death
- By Helikaon in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 9Last Post: 05-Oct-09, 11:06 PM
- By sigridshurte in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 15-Feb-08, 09:22 AM
- By Auzlizardking in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 34Last Post: 21-Dec-07, 01:34 PM
- By slim6y in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 23-Aug-07, 12:13 PM
- By carpetpythonking in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 8Last Post: 26-Oct-06, 06:53 PM