Results 16 to 22 of 22
Looks okay to do to me... It amazes me how much bigger meals than themselves Snakes can take.
- 15-Jul-12, 11:57 AM #17
- Join Date
- Yorke Peninsula SA
My old water pythons would take eggs no worries. We had backyard chickens and ducks at the time.
The resulting poo... well ever heard the term "egg fart"?Fool Injected Physhopath
- 15-Jul-12, 12:07 PM #19
- Join Date
- The Entrance, nsw
Hey that happens to me when I eat pizza after a barrel of cider.
What a coincidence.Everyone criticizes the Salem Witch Trials, but we haven't had a witch attack in over 200 years. ~ Some bloke on twitter
Egg eating specialist have processes from their vertebrae that jut into the coelom (body cavity) and cause the egg to rupture as it passes through the intestine.
As for feeding to diamond pythons or the like. Both eggs and chicken necks have virtually no roughage and the lack of internal organs would mean they are not geting all the vitamins they need. As an ocassional treat, not a worry. As a regular food item you may be treading on dangerous ground. As a staple food item absolutely will result in health issues.
Last edited by Bluetongue1; 18-Jul-12 at 02:37 AM.Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. [Confucius]
- By redbellybite in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 17Last Post: 07-Oct-10, 04:18 PM
- By Charlie in forum Herp HelpReplies: 17Last Post: 01-Mar-08, 02:03 PM
- By Jen in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-Sep-06, 12:26 PM
- By Fuscus in forum Chit ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-Mar-06, 10:10 AM
- By stockeh in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 12-Mar-04, 01:28 PM