Results 61 to 67 of 67
- 17-Aug-11, 02:20 PM #61I'm all for drug laced beetles though...
While the long term effect of kill a toad, or two hundred toads may not be much I like to think that it is better than just leaving the toad to live. Every toad counts.Keeper, breeder and photographer of geckos.
- Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...
Teach a man to fish and feed him for a life time (or until fish become extinct, which ever occurs first)
think it was meant Beetle in cheekMusical Football Herper
- 17-Aug-11, 02:32 PM #64Regular Member
- Join Date
There is no real quick and human way to kill a toad or any animal in that matter without having access to the green dream. But if you put holes in a ice-cream container and the lid place the toad or toads in this then place that in the fridge for a couple of hours this puts the said toad/toads to sleep then you take said container and place that in the freezer. If you put the cane toad or another animals in the freezer they get icicle build up on their lungs and die a slow painful death. Yes cane toads and some other animals like field mice/water rats are pests in places but are they worth getting an animal cruelty charge over. Clubbing, detol, bangers, car tyres have been ways of quick kills we feel for many years I am sure many people are guilty of doing at least one of these things to cane toads at some stage of their lives but I don't see that it would turn them into murders etc.
The Devil is watching...
Last edited by Cockney_Red; 17-Aug-11 at 03:18 PM.Musical Football Herper
- 17-Aug-11, 03:43 PM #66
even though cane toads are pests and a danger to our wildlife they should be dispatched by the most humane and quickest method possible.. being sadistic and cruel is just not needed or appropriate..
- By Lewy in forum Other AnimalsReplies: 12Last Post: 20-Oct-10, 07:47 PM
- By News Bot in forum Reptile NewsReplies: 20Last Post: 23-Nov-08, 02:45 AM
- By Fuscus in forum Chit ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 27-Jun-07, 04:46 PM
- By cris in forum Other Australian Reptiles and AmphibiansReplies: 72Last Post: 20-Mar-07, 11:08 PM
- By Dicco in forum Chit ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 13-Dec-04, 10:54 AM