Reptiles Down Under

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: I'm sick of the word..... legend !!!

  1. #46
    cwebb is offline Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug-11
    Location
    Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
    Gender
     Female
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna leave my comment again as its labelled as criticising apsbwhen i wasnt.

    Grannieannie.. i just wanted to remind you thay we dont have a right to free speech in aus. we cant say whatever we like because you will get sued lol. so be careful what you say

  2. #47
    snakeluvver's Avatar
    snakeluvver is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep-10
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Age/Gender
    14 Male
    Posts
    3,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallery Photos
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSirloin View Post
    Racist is another word I find way too lightly used. You're a 'racist' today if you display pride in your country and celebrate it's traditions..........especially if you're white!
    Because we fully celebrate Aboriginal's traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks-pythons View Post
    sharks are like dogs, they only bite when you touch there private parts.

  3. #48
    moosenoose's Avatar
    moosenoose is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov-03
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Gender
     Male
    Posts
    10,923
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallery Photos
    44
    Quite frankly I think we have too much free speech at times, and that's generally coming from the people shooting their mouths off with either no knowledge or simply too uneducated to know how they achieved this right.

    It’s like that website:First World Problems

    We have a luxury of sitting back and complaining about everything that doesn’t or shouldn't affect us.
    Snakewoman likes this.

  4. #49
    Ramsayi's Avatar
    Ramsayi is offline Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec-03
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeluvver View Post
    Because we fully celebrate Aboriginal's traditions.
    Why would/should non aboriginals celebrate aboriginal traditions?
    Australis likes this.

  5. #50
    snakeluvver's Avatar
    snakeluvver is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep-10
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Age/Gender
    14 Male
    Posts
    3,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallery Photos
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsayi View Post
    Why would/should non aboriginals celebrate aboriginal traditions?
    As hard as I just tried, I actually can't explain my post without sounding like an idiot. Basically its to do with saying our traditions are Australian traditions while TBH they're European traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks-pythons View Post
    sharks are like dogs, they only bite when you touch there private parts.

  6. #51
    moosenoose's Avatar
    moosenoose is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov-03
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Gender
     Male
    Posts
    10,923
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallery Photos
    44
    I want to celebrate Guy Fawkes day! ...but that's only because I want to blow stuff up
    Australis likes this.

  7. #52
    HerperBaz's Avatar
    HerperBaz is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar-12
    Location
    Brisbane,Queensland
    Gender
     Male
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the word is appropriate and as e.eT_To.O mentioned these people become legends within he culture they are apart of. To answer your other question, it is a media thing straight up.. without being rude, no one finds much interest in a nurse that dies from natural causes, I mean your 6.30 news report would rattle names down the screen for hours on end with all the people that died that day..

    Just saying..

    The sports people are bettering our country in someway and also representing our country so I dont see why they cant be unless of course their name is Nick D'Arcy..
    Last edited by HerperBaz; 30-Mar-12 at 01:15 PM.
    Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.!
    1 x
    Morelia spilota Mcdowelli
    2651 x
    Hemidactylus frenatus


  8. #53
    hrafna's Avatar
    hrafna is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan-11
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Gender
     Male
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallery Photos
    8
    a legend is a glorified myth, a myth is another name for a fairytale and we all know fairytales are just b.s!
    Australis and grannieannie like this.
    current wishlist! wa woma, gtp, b+w jungle.
    currently own 3x mds named thorn, damascus and severus snake, 2x rsps named daenarys and oberyn, 1x stimmie named blayze, 1x nt bhp named jarlaxle.

  9. #54
    SYNeR is offline Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar-09
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moosenoose View Post
    Quite frankly I think we have too much free speech at times, and that's generally coming from the people shooting their mouths off with either no knowledge or simply too uneducated to know how they achieved this right.
    .
    Yea, that's the general idea. Society is a cross between a soap opera and circus. It can be both infuriating and quite amusing sitting on the sidelines watching the masses make idiots of themselves.
    moosenoose and Snakewoman like this.

  10. #55
    Snakewoman's Avatar
    Snakewoman is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    May-09
    Gender
     Female
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moosenoose View Post
    Quite frankly I think we have too much free speech at times, and that's generally coming from the people shooting their mouths off with either no knowledge or simply too uneducated to know how they achieved this right.
    Thank you! I wish I could like that post 1000 times!
    moosenoose likes this.
    Thinking about things carefully and fact checking things is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

  11. #56
    Beard's Avatar
    Beard is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep-11
    Location
    Right here
    Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahlia View Post
    Thank you! I wish I could like that post 1000 times!

    .....but then that would freedom of speech, would it not?
    An eye for an eye will make us all blind.

  12. #57
    Snakewoman's Avatar
    Snakewoman is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    May-09
    Gender
     Female
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beard View Post
    .....but then that would freedom of speech, would it not?
    Yes, but it isn't slandering anyone

    Being free to say what you like is good, but when it's used to pound people down with lies or things that haven't been researched that are being spread around as fact I have a problem with it.
    Thinking about things carefully and fact checking things is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

  13. #58
    Beard's Avatar
    Beard is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep-11
    Location
    Right here
    Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahlia View Post
    Yes, but it isn't slandering anyone
    Except the unedumacated.
    grannieannie and snakeluvver like this.
    An eye for an eye will make us all blind.

  14. #59
    Snakewoman's Avatar
    Snakewoman is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    May-09
    Gender
     Female
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beard View Post
    Except the unedumacated.
    Lol, unedumacated

    The problem I have is with uneducated people who try to state their opinions as though they're fact without putting in any effort to research the thing or person they're talking about. I don't like talking about things I don't have good knowledge of, but if I do I won't state anything I say as fact.
    Thinking about things carefully and fact checking things is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

  15. #60
    HerperBaz's Avatar
    HerperBaz is offline Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar-12
    Location
    Brisbane,Queensland
    Gender
     Male
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.. No?



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Myth & Legend
    By DeadCricket in forum General Reptile Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-Nov-11, 02:52 PM
  2. My Dad, the Man the Myth the Legend
    By Cabotinage in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-Apr-09, 08:33 PM
  3. The MAN..THE LEGEND OF HERPS!
    By freddy in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 16-Jul-07, 11:48 PM
  4. urban legend?
    By horsenz in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-Feb-07, 10:28 PM
  5. Be a legend - Beat 20 seconds!
    By herptrader in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-Nov-05, 08:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Geckodan's Books