Results 1 to 10 of 10
- 03-Aug-12, 08:28 PM #1
Thought i'd have a crack at my own snake rack.
Thought i'd have a crack at making my own snake rack and over all im super happy with it, it cost me approx $150 not inc heat cord and containers and i prefer it to all that i contemplated getting custom made for me for around the $700 800+ mark without containers.
Routed in heat cord, two seperate lenghs, a 9m making two lines of heat on each shelf and a 4.6m for an extra line on each shelf making 3 lines one of which can be turned off for the hotter months. Top and bottom shelf are fitted for easy slide in out containers with no lid while the middle shelf is larger so i can keep lids on for my GTP's to keep up humidty up. Took 4 hours to build from scratch, looks super clean and works perfect! I didnt want castors, i figured id never use them however i set it up under neath so i can easily add some in if want down the track.
All spots filled up will need to build another couple.
Last edited by Mitch.D; 03-Aug-12 at 10:21 PM.There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more.
- 03-Aug-12, 08:32 PM #2
Good job..... looks nice too, thumbs up mate,grow a pair
- 03-Aug-12, 08:38 PM #3There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more.
Good job just please say its not that close to the fire
- 03-Aug-12, 09:09 PM #5There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more.
Wowzers! Thats a really nice job! Im so unhandy, i cant figure anything out
Would you consider doing some for other people? I.e me
- 03-Aug-12, 10:04 PM #7
Looks great mate. Couldn't get a much better result. Great looking GTP! Love the white dots1 x BHP 2 x Womas 1 x Hypo Bredli 1 x Diamond 1 x Darwin 1 x Beardie
- 04-Aug-12, 09:57 PM #9
- Join Date
- adelaide hills
Yep mate! iv used exactly the same set up and same technique. I work fine but iv found that having it vertical tends to give a better temperature gradient for my snake room.
- 07-Aug-12, 10:22 AM #10
Thanks guys (: .... i can see why vertical would give better tempreture over all but i havent had any problems yet so thumbs up (:
- By 69blottfilms69 in forum Field Herping and Reptile StudiesReplies: 5Last Post: 06-Nov-11, 10:16 PM
- By Lesa in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 17-Mar-08, 08:20 PM
- By MrSpike in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 07-Oct-07, 01:17 PM
- By mr_rotor in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 24-Sep-07, 09:00 PM
- By Julie-anne in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-Aug-07, 10:25 PM