Results 16 to 22 of 22
- 10-Jun-12, 02:48 PM #16
- Join Date
- Sutherland Shire
Nice finds. Your small frog is a Litoria inermis. The other frog is similar to watjulumensis but it would be quite a range extension to get them at Mt Isa I think. The other candidate is L. latopalmata.
- 10-Jun-12, 03:34 PM #17Both wilson and cogger have plagiocephalus in qld, has there been a change to that.Keeper, breeder and photographer of geckos.
- 10-Jun-12, 03:52 PM #18
- Join Date
- Ipswich, QLD.
Great photos and lots to see. Thanks for sharing them and hope you're having a good time.
- 11-Jun-12, 03:05 PM #19
Thanks, Froggyboy and Geckphotographer.
Froggyboy, the wotjulmensis was about 200km north of Mount Isa. So in its range. Thanks for the ID on the inermis, i had it tentatively labelled as inermis but wasnt sure. I have a few more from the weekend which i need an ID for. I will start a new post soon.
Geck, there are plenty about so i will check out some papers and see what i come up with. I found another cryptoblepharus near the Gregory River on the weekend. Ill posts some photo's later on. I only have Wilsons queensland book, i have the new one on the way.
- 11-Jun-12, 03:16 PM #20
Ok....I have found Cryptoblepharus zoticus around Isa and at Lawn Hill.
Litoria wotjulumensis is def at Mt Isa....I have plenty of images of the them
After another better look it certainly looks more like inermis (that pointy nose).
Here is an inermis for comparison
Here is what maybe a coplandi from Mt Isa.....this one I am still waiting on a confirmation as it is out of range
2010 book is already out of date as well....there is something new coming out soonish I believe
Last edited by eipper; 11-Jun-12 at 03:20 PM.
- 13-Jun-12, 11:13 AM #21
The cryptoblepherus around here are possibly australia, I will key one out at some stage.
The frogs have me confused. I have put up a few more in another post from the gregory river.
Wow, thanks for sharing the pictures.
- By Colletts in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 16-Nov-10, 03:38 PM
- By -Matt- in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-May-10, 09:39 AM
- By Shannon in forum Wanted to BuyReplies: 5Last Post: 23-Jul-09, 02:13 PM
- By slither in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 20Last Post: 29-Jan-09, 06:30 PM
- By cement in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 27-Oct-07, 09:30 PM