Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Close up pics of a geko
I bought myself a Cam Dig Microscope today and I thought I would post some pics I took with it, this geko was was about 75mm long.
And just for interest sake, is this a asian house geko?
Attachment 193508Attachment 193507Attachment 193506Attachment 193505Attachment 193504
Sorry for the incorrect spelling of Gecko.
Last edited by Banjo; 01-Apr-11 at 10:07 PM.
- 01-Apr-11, 10:34 PM #2
cool pics , the asian house gecko's around here dont have any markings on them .
- 01-Apr-11, 11:01 PM #3
Yeap thats an Asian House Gecko Hemidactylus frenatus
A single specimen can go from having an obvious pattern like that to being a perfect pinky white within a few hours.
Btw, usually its easy to ID them by the fact they have claws on the inside toe (the native Dtellas which look very similar do not have a claw on that toe), but it seems to have suffered and injury and is missing the end portion of that toeKeeper and/or breeder of various geckos, small dragons, Broad-banded Sand Swimmers, RHD Womas, Jungles and Colubrids
- 01-Apr-11, 11:20 PM #4
- Join Date
- In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded by nerds and nurses
that is in daylight colouration
I would need my reading glasses to see if they have claws on the inside toes while catching them, up until now I haven't bothered with despatching them as I wasn't 100% positive on the ID, as they all seem to be differant colours around my place depending on where I find them.
Last edited by Banjo; 01-Apr-11 at 11:31 PM.
- 02-Apr-11, 10:17 PM #6
They can still show day colours at night, its just more common for them to be pale at night and patterned during the dayKeeper and/or breeder of various geckos, small dragons, Broad-banded Sand Swimmers, RHD Womas, Jungles and Colubrids
Thanks for the replies, when I took the photos it was under some fairly bright LED lights which may have bought up the day colouring.
- By gruba10 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 22-Jun-10, 08:35 PM
- By andyscott in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 15Last Post: 30-Dec-08, 05:07 PM
- By andyscott in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 15Last Post: 08-Jul-08, 08:50 PM
- By MrBredli in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 15Last Post: 09-Sep-07, 04:11 PM
- By PeeJay in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-Jan-07, 02:08 PM