Results 1 to 15 of 28
- 14-Jul-12, 03:20 AM #1
hello Aussie herp keepers. I was wondering about the legalities of keeping reptiles in Australia?It's a beautiful day, I think I'll skip my med's and stir things up a bit.
- 14-Jul-12, 04:05 AM #2
Legal to keep most species if you have the appropriate licence & experience.
- 14-Jul-12, 04:37 AM #3It's a beautiful day, I think I'll skip my med's and stir things up a bit.
- 14-Jul-12, 06:53 AM #4
- 14-Jul-12, 07:27 AM #6
- 14-Jul-12, 08:23 AM #8
- Join Date
- Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
I not long got back from Orange County.. Love how you can take your reptiles for a walk there. They encourage taking them to petsmart, Some nice pets there you can all keep. Still our Pythons are best looking.www.youtube.com/NovoReptile
- 14-Jul-12, 08:57 AM #9
- Zero exotics at all, period. It's flat out illegal to possess an exotic animal
- Venomous snakes require some significant licensing in nsw (and in most other states except tasmania from memory)
- 14-Jul-12, 09:07 AM #11
this is all we can keep in Tasmania
Bassiana duperreyi Three-lined skink Cyclodomorphus casuarinae She-oak skink Egernia whitei Whites skink Lampropholis delicata Delicate skink Niveoscincus greeni Northern snow skink N. metallicus Metallic skink* N. microlepidotus Southern snow skink N. ocellatus Spotted skink* N. orocryptus Mountain skink N. pretiosus Tasmanian tree skink Pseudemoia entrecasteauxii Southern grass skink Tiliqua nigrolutea Blotched blue-tongue Tympanocryptis diemensis Mountain dragon Austrelaps superbus Copperhead snake Drysdalia coronoides White-lipped snake Notechis ater Tiger snake
~♦◘-TASMANIAN REPTILE KEEPERS NEED FAIRNESS-◘♦~
~♦◘-EQUALITY BETWEEN ALL STATES-◘♦~
- 14-Jul-12, 11:36 AM #12
that must suck not having a selection mof snakes to get
- 14-Jul-12, 12:02 PM #13
No I'm not moveing to Australia. Although I would like to take an extended vacation there. I love your native reptiles. I was just curios about the laws because, I saw a lot of threads about Australian native reptiles but not to much about non native.
Last edited by caliherp; 14-Jul-12 at 12:26 PM.It's a beautiful day, I think I'll skip my med's and stir things up a bit.
- By Tahlia in forum Chit ChatReplies: 76Last Post: 01-Apr-12, 06:02 PM
- By babba007 in forum Chit ChatReplies: 44Last Post: 06-Dec-09, 11:10 PM
- By Chickenlover in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 1Last Post: 25-Sep-09, 03:27 PM
- By ari in forum Wanted to BuyReplies: 0Last Post: 19-Jun-08, 01:06 PM
- By chad in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-Mar-08, 08:12 AM