Results 1 to 5 of 5
Lost & Found... In such random places!!
Im just sharing and also wanting to see if anyone has found there snakes in such weird/random places.. Heres my lil story..
The Front of the Tank... (just so you have an idea what im talking about)
Ok one day wake up and checked on my new baby snakes (and it was a day after hes normal feed day) and he was gone.. we riped hides out everything, dug thought the sand, except the background as it was glued, so we thought there no way he can get behind there... so we continued to searched the house high and low, check to see if our neighnour was still alive.(well she said she'd have a heart attack if see ever sees a snake so that was a proirity lol) nothing couldnt find him anywhere, so then we thought we'd pull forward the tank and check underneath etc. and to my dis belief we found him... He hes is stuck in a gap we thought the sand was high enough for the sand to cover but little ****** can dig.. Do not ask how he got out hes just lucky to still be alive after the ordeal...
So my learned. 1. do not put a little snake in such a big tank
2. do not leave any, i mean ANY gaps.
3. feed on time, (he only did it once and it was only when we missed a feed day).
4. and Childrens pythons can dig in sand.. lol
Hope you enjyed please share your story/s
- 11-May-12, 02:52 PM #2Regular Member
- Join Date
- mornington peninsula,vic
i bought a used urs enclosure from a pet shop,when they lifted in off the shelf there was an escape juvie darwin carpet curled up under it,lol,wasnt a happy camper,it wasnt kept in the cage,had escaped there normal cages and found its way there
- 11-May-12, 02:53 PM #3
Glad you found him. But I bet he was really enjoying his 'awesome' new hide.Keeper, breeder and photographer of geckos.
Yes he was but i wasnt happy that we had to cut half the back ground out and damage the the lip at the top coz we had to lever it up with knife and stuff to flick him out with tongs..... but this is hes new home and 10x fatter/bigger.Attachment 251597
My little guy did this to me too but luckily i found him the same day - he wasnt too happy about me closing up his hiding spot and kept trying to dig in the same place to get back in there
- By Deejay in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 13-Feb-11, 02:44 PM
- By matt123 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-Feb-11, 10:36 AM
- By da_donkey in forum Chit ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 11-Oct-09, 10:48 AM
- By shnimpon in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 22-Dec-06, 01:17 AM
- By ad in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 17Last Post: 17-Nov-03, 06:09 PM