Results 1 to 6 of 6
Reptile licence question.
I currently have a recreation wildlife license in Queensland that limits me to two reptiles.
I have currently got two reptiles and in the "nearish" future want to get more.
I also want to start breeding on a very small scale as a hobby more than a money thing as i really enjoy reptiles ever since i grew up in a remote country town.
So what I was wondering basically is how do i go about "upgrading" my licence. Getting the license i have now was a total joke, I filled out a form paid and got an email with in 30 seconds of payment.
I was actually upset that there wasn't a screening process; rather a fee to own reptiles, which doesn't actually have anything to do with being competent enough to care for a reptile.
So after that I cant really imagine it being too much of a hassle.
So does anyone know how i got about this,
PS, I live in queensland.
Cheers as always,
As far as I know it's juz as simple as you mentioned....filling out the form & paying.
The recreational licence allows you to own and breed as many reptiles as you like that are not on the restricted species list. There are not many species on the restricted list so depending on what you have and are after, you should have no problem with your current licence.
- 08-Sep-12, 07:21 PM #4
Exactly what Mummabear said, only two restricted allowed such as Womas, etc. Otherwise as many as you want.
- 09-Sep-12, 10:40 AM #6Subscriber
- Join Date
- Coorparoo, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I think it's GTP's and Woma's that are on the restricted python list other than that you can have as many pythons as you like.1 Water Python -Bella & 1 Olive Python - Oscar
We are Borg you will be assimilated!!
- By peta_the_python in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-Mar-12, 09:38 AM
- By traceylee in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-Oct-11, 11:17 AM
- By snake_boy in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-Aug-10, 04:35 PM
- By Davo66 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 01-Jan-07, 12:42 PM
- By mblissett in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-Dec-04, 02:10 AM