Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Ridge Tail Monitors
Ridge Tail Monitors
I'm getting 2 ridge tails soon i have a 6ftx2ftx2ft tank just have a few questions.
1) whats a good temperature for the basking spot?
2) should i put a divider in the tank to make it smaller?
3) get more the 2 ridge tails ?
4) can the top of the tank just be mesh?
i have had so many different answers for all my questions would just like to get a few more so im ready for when i get mine will post pics too
Hey and welcome to the site.
1) I aim for 60-65°C (the range of 50-80°C is pretty normal)
2) I wouldn't bother, the more room you give them the better. However, if they are aggressive towards one another then you will need to put a divider in to separate them.
3) I assume you're asking about keeping more than 2 in an enclosure that size? Personally, I'd use something larger (if they are fully grown).
4) In general, mesh tops work really well, but it depends on the ambient room temperature. Some of my enclosures have a mesh top which I partly cover during winter if it starts to get too cool.No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness
the place wear im getting all my stuff from for the tank the said about 40 for the basking spot and every one is saying different things :s. i have built the stand and built the top mesh now just waiting for my license cant wait they also said i could fit 4 fully grown in the tank :s but seems abit much lol. thanks for the help will post pics as soon as everything is set up .
also whats a good depth for the flooring ?
40 degrees is Definetely a bit on the low side I wouldn't go any lower than 45 personally my hot spots reach between 60 and 70 degrees c throughout the day and night monitors love heat with a 6 foot tank you could have 2 basking sites one at high range and a lower one see what they spend more time under.
yeah good idea thanks
- By gazman8 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 21-May-11, 07:08 PM
[QLD] ridge tail monitorsBy MrMertens in forum For Sale (Other Reptiles and Insects)Replies: 7Last Post: 04-Mar-10, 04:10 PM
[NSW] Ridge-tail MonitorsBy sweetangel in forum For Sale (Other Reptiles and Insects)Replies: 3Last Post: 21-Jul-09, 09:54 PM
- By eden roscoe in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-Mar-08, 06:22 PM
- By ashley_morris22 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 29Last Post: 13-Apr-05, 06:16 PM