Results 1 to 8 of 8
Snakes of Fiji
A guy I know on another forum just posted a pic of a (native) snake around his shoulder on Ono island, Fiji.
An internet search is not showing up the snakes native to the area.
Does anyone know what snakes are native to Fiji?
It looks something like a juvenile darwin carpet to me.Fool Injected Physhopath
When I went to Fiji for holidays on a tour the tour guide said that There aren't many snakes in Fiji due to the introduce population on the main island hopefully there are any mongese on the other islands it would be a shame to see all Fijian snakes extinct
- 20-Jun-12, 05:37 PM #4
WOW, I thought Fiji had no snakes because of the mongoose, well none on the mainland anyway!
- 20-Jun-12, 06:38 PM #5
There is a good little book by dr Claire Morrison on the herps of Fiji. There are A number of elapids, boas and more there from memory.
Post the pic if you can
Hi guys.We went toFiji a couple years back and saw and handled some Pacific Boas or at least thats what we were told they were if thats any help
- 21-Jun-12, 01:55 PM #8
Its big news to Fijians if a snake is found in Fiji, and are definitely feared by most over there as its not common. lol
Here's a Fijian snake in its enclosure. George Speight (this one is not feared)
Last edited by mo-deville; 21-Jun-12 at 05:58 PM.
- By Supra_man87 in forum Field Herping and Reptile StudiesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-Jun-10, 07:00 AM
- By Jungle_Fever1 in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 4Last Post: 21-Mar-10, 09:58 AM
- By shellfisch in forum Chit ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 07-Mar-10, 06:09 PM
- By Jungle_Fever1 in forum Chit ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 11-Sep-09, 07:00 PM
- By No-two in forum Chit ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 17-Jul-08, 10:08 AM