Results 1 to 15 of 19
Thread: Toilet Trained Herps..
Toilet Trained Herps..
Just wondering if it is possible to toilet train herps?
Why is ask is because recently i upgraded my 2 coastals from plastic tubs to larger 4x2 cages. To make the transfer easier is placed the platic tub inside the larger cage and left them to roam at their own will. They have adjusted well, but i never removed the platic tub.
Now it seems that they only crap in the plastic tub, and nowhere else in the cage. Is this just sheer luck or are they somewhat toilet trained?
Whatever it is i am lovin it!
Many of my pythons will only make a mess in one corner of their enclosure.
Not all however and I cannot rely on it.
- 29-Aug-05, 09:24 PM #3
What are you smoking Ether?? How much for it and where did you get it?? (Stay out of this Wrasse!!! )
- 29-Aug-05, 11:28 PM #4Suspended
- Join Date
- Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
- Originally Posted by moosenoose
mine even know how to flush.
- 30-Aug-05, 11:46 AM #9Regular Member
- Join Date
- Melbourne, Victoria
Our oldest Diamond is toilet rained, we take him outside one week after he eats and he does it outside, we have also tried this with the younger one, but she's not as reliable. If you take them outside regularly enough they will learn.I live in a world of my own and the people there like me.
thats awesome...my bearded dragon tends to poo in the same area also.
Spike (my beardie) goes once a week when I take him outside for his UV fix.
The odd occasion when we have not been around to take him outside - he will wait till next week.
Come to think about it...perhaps its the large birds that watch him from the clothes line that make him crap himself.
i wish i could train mine as they crap any where in there cageBIGGER THE SCRUBBY THE BETTER........
My beardies seem to crap about for seconds after cleaning their enclosure. Though one was kind enough to wait till the girlfriend put him back. All my herps don't seem to show any pattern at all.
- 30-Aug-05, 06:09 PM #14
Happened again today,
- 30-Aug-05, 06:20 PM #15
- Join Date
- Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
I didn't have to train mine. They already knew how to go to the toilet.It is much easier to criticise than it is to create, that's why so many people do it.
- By GrumpyTheSnake in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 32Last Post: 26-Oct-07, 12:03 PM
- By Chris1 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 20Last Post: 18-Oct-07, 07:35 PM
- By Chris1 in forum Chit ChatReplies: 13Last Post: 19-Jun-07, 05:56 PM
- By in forum Chit ChatReplies: 20Last Post: 22-Mar-06, 05:27 PM
- By herptrader in forum Chit ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 20-Sep-05, 01:06 PM