Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Diamond python eyes
Diamond python eyes
I just bougth my first snake last week, a diamond python about 3 months old, 40cm long. I noticed that it has dark markings in its eyes. They do not look cloudy. Could this be my snake shedding, or could it be something more serious?
Maybe a photo would help?
Or check for mites..
I would like to take a photo, but I don't have a camera good enough to show the markings. I have been looking everywhere for mites and cannot find anything...
- 12-May-10, 02:25 PM #4
- Join Date
- Outlaw 1%
some pythons have natural markings in their eyes one of my diamonds has a large yellow camo spot in the eye natural ocurring spot, blends in to the surrounds ? wierd but true , i think pythons are one the only one of few that have camo in thier eyes,KMAN
marking on his actual eye, or on the skin around it? if on actual eye, probably natural. if on skin, try to get a photo.
That sounds possible as the markings are the same colour as its natural pupil colours...
They are on the actual eye
I'd say it's normal then. But without a pick, couldn't be 100%.
- By bulionz in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 11Last Post: 16-Dec-08, 10:08 PM
- By SuperSnake in forum Herp HelpReplies: 22Last Post: 25-Apr-08, 02:16 AM
- By IndisPeople in forum Herp HelpReplies: 16Last Post: 05-Apr-08, 09:00 PM
- By salebrosus in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 8Last Post: 23-Sep-07, 05:20 PM
- By spottedpython in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 34Last Post: 22-Apr-04, 12:31 PM