Results 1 to 11 of 11
Enlarged dewlap? Angle headed dragon
I just noticed today my female southern angle headed dragon has an enlarged dewlap (thta flap of skin under the chin), or at least its a lot bigger than it has ever been.
after some poking and prodding it seems like theres something in there. feels like eggs!
however, its not breeding season..
she hasnt eaten for over a week, and im always sure there's no left over food in the enclosure, so it shouldnt be food.
She didnt seem to be deliberately displaying it. she was just sitting high up on a vine, doing nothing.
- 06-Jul-12, 06:24 PM #2
can we see some pics of her a pic is always helpful
You need to open her mouth and see if there is an infection. & take her to a vet, it doesn't look good.
- 07-Jul-12, 10:07 AM #6
As said earlier vet ASAP
What ever it was, its disappeared so no need for concern.
- 08-Jul-12, 01:00 AM #8
It looks like maybe some bark was lodged in there.
Btw, they do not produce or store eggs in their dewlapKeeper and breeder of various geckos, small dragons, Broad-banded Sand Swimmers, RHD Womas, Jungles and Colubrids
- 08-Jul-12, 06:58 AM #9
Actually it still is a concern. Reptiles do do not get harmless unexplained lumps. TAke it to the vet
- 08-Jul-12, 02:15 PM #11
- Join Date
- Wherever I lay my tin-foil hat...
Sorry for hijacking the thread with absolutely nothing usefull to add to the topic, but I just can't read passed the title without hearing Lisa Simpsons voice in the back of my head saying "hump and dewlap... hump, and dewlap". Hmmm... perhaps I do watch far too much television
I'm not a cynic. I've merely had the rose-coloured glasses ripped from my face and crushed beneath the boot-heel of life1.1.0 Liasis Olivaceous | 1.1.0 Antaresia perthensis | 0.0.1 Boiga irregularis
- By Jaws07 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 17Last Post: 14-Jun-12, 05:53 PM
- By Snakeluvver2 in forum Wanted to BuyReplies: 0Last Post: 21-Jan-10, 10:44 PM
- By reptiledude1 in forum For Sale (Other Reptiles and Insects)Replies: 0Last Post: 07-Apr-09, 08:46 PM
- By superjordan21 in forum Australian LizardsReplies: 9Last Post: 15-Feb-08, 04:57 PM
- By crutch2 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 24-Feb-06, 08:28 PM