Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: help with my blue tounge
help with my blue tounge
hey i have a little baby bluey ive had him for about 5weeks it seems like its going through its first shed it eats everything you offer it ad walks and runs like there is no 2moz i went to get him out of the tankand i noticed in his back he had a big lump and then lower down his back it sorta goes into a dip and the his tail it dont seem to be worrying him to much but just want to no if anyone has ever experienced this befor and if anyone has any help cheers
For a nickname of "Speech", thats an interesting paragraph!
Sometimes Blueys look like they have a big dip in their torso to their tail. Often from climbing glass and falling backwards or leaning up against it.
He should be fine mate, if you notice its causing him troubles then take him to the vet.
he does that non stop is there any need to worrie cheers
- Diamond X, Central Bearded Dragon, Jacky Lizard, Blue Tongued Lizard, Northern Spiny-Tailed Gecko
Mate without seeing him it's difficult to say but it sounds as though your bluey might be developing metabolic bone disease. I would recommend plenty of calcium suppliment (every feed for a while) and taking him out into the sun every day for about 15 minutes (longer if you can). They often develop this hump and depression from the behaviour that puglsy described when they're suffering from MBD and their bones are too weak to cope...
no worries i will try it and let u no how it goes in a couple of days thankyou heaps
yer with the calcium and sun ive been told of that of a couple of mates thats wat i thought it could be but just didnt make sense how one day is normal and next has the lump but i am doing that every day now so we can just wait and see thanks for the helpcheers mate
- By carpetsnake in forum For Sale (Snakes)Replies: 7Last Post: 16-Oct-07, 07:46 PM
- By carpetsnake in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 13-Mar-07, 03:09 PM
- By speech in forum Herp HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 01-Mar-07, 07:18 PM
- By lostbloke in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 02-Feb-07, 07:44 PM
- By melinda in forum Herp HelpReplies: 19Last Post: 19-Nov-06, 02:53 PM