Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Light and Heat help.
Light and Heat help.
Hey people. Im getting a 6x2x2 Glass tank for EWD's. I was going to get a fluorescent tube for UVB/UVA on a day/night cycle and was going to have an incandescent Globe at one end for Basking.
What spectral power % will i need for UVB and UVA in the fluoro tube? And What wattage should i have for the basking light. Anyone that knows how to keep dragons and has any advice it would help alot. Thanks.
- 05-Aug-07, 09:31 PM #2
If i were you i'd have a NEC T10 fluoro tube and a 100W or 150W Mercury Vapour Bulb for heat & UV. You need to choose your wattage carefully though, as you can't use those globes with a thermostat, although with a 6ft enclosure, providing you have enough ventilation, you shouldn't need a thermostat.
What about a exo-terra 5.0 fluoro tube. will that have enough uvb
I want the primary heat source to be a ceramic heat emitter or something because the tank will be about 12 inches from my bed and i dont want to be kept awake. I was gonna hav the fluoro on in day then a night glow for viewing at night. turn the night glow off at bed time and keep on the ceramic heat. tell me if thats wrong and what should i do so im not kept awake at night.
- By kimba83 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 16Last Post: 28-Sep-07, 11:31 PM
- By DrNick in forum For Sale (Other Reptiles and Insects)Replies: 13Last Post: 21-Jul-07, 09:11 PM
- By stringbean in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 17-Feb-07, 04:45 PM
- By bluebear in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 3Last Post: 05-Nov-06, 10:55 PM
- By dragons75 in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 03-Oct-06, 11:05 PM