Results 1 to 8 of 8
how logn can snakes hold their breath under water?
how long can snakes hold their breath under water? ive noticed my coastal with her head underwater a few times tonight. i left her there for about 5 minutes then pulled her out as i wasnt sure if she was drowning or not..
- 28-Apr-08, 04:53 PM #2
how long have you had her?
had her since january. but she is about 4 years old
- 28-Apr-08, 04:57 PM #4
the reason i asked as she may have a case of mites, have you handled any other snakes in the past couple of weeks?
yeah ive checked for mites and have spryed her enclosure a few times but i havent seen any signs of mites exepct for her sitting in the water
4 hours, 23 minutes & 6 seconds before they internally combust.
But if they havn't fasted for 30 mins before entering the water they can drown in a rather short time.
On a more serious note, I can't tell you how long exactly, but I have had healthy animals spend days in the water. They had no parasites and the the temps in their enclosures were fine. They just enjoyed the water I guess.
- 28-Apr-08, 05:09 PM #7
The first thing you notice about a Lace Monitor is how reptilian they look. Immensely powerful, they possess all the skills of a crack SAS outfit - camouflage, strength, speed and rat cunning. -Steve Waters.
- Join Date
- Chateau Tiffauges
yeah i think she might just like the water and a geuss she would put her own head up before she drowns
- By alex_c in forum Herp HelpReplies: 7Last Post: 22-Feb-08, 04:32 PM
- By Helikaon in forum Chit ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 19-Sep-07, 07:44 PM
- By RodSydAus in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 15-Jun-07, 06:43 PM
- By Davo66 in forum Herp HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 22-Feb-07, 09:01 PM
- By OzGecko in forum General Reptile DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 26-Aug-06, 07:29 PM