URGENT!! Worried about extreme temps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungie71

Reaction score
Hi all

I need some advice I have a 10 month old Bredli in a glass enclosure dimensions 30cm x 30cm x 30cm with a 5 watt heat mat today temps have reached 40°c and to make matrers worse my aircon has stopped working properly and my temp gauge (on the opposite side as the heat mat) is reading 34.6 and rising I have disconnected the heat mat and have been wetting a cloth and draping it over half the enclosure but temp is still rising!! Any advice on how to protect him would be greatly appreciated.

You can get a frozen water bottle or the frozen gel packs wrap it in cloth and put in enclosure. Move to a cooler part of the house etc. you don’t say so just in case the mat is turned off?

Do you have a tile or something stone? That'll stay cold and he can lay on it if he likes. Even a "marble" chopping board from Kmart, which is cheap.

Also some damp bedding in a bowl so he can choose to lay on it if he wants.

An ice pack on one side of the enclosure.

You can get a frozen water bottle or the frozen gel packs wrap it in cloth and put in enclosure. Move to a cooler part of the house etc. you don’t say so just in case the mat is turned off?

Yes mat is turned off, enclosure is already in coolest room so going tge ice pack option thanks :)
[doublepost=1516248346,1516247058][/doublepost]
Do you have a tile or something stone? That'll stay cold and he can lay on it if he likes. Even a "marble" chopping board from Kmart, which is cheap.

Also some damp bedding in a bowl so he can choose to lay on it if he wants.

An ice pack on one side of the enclosure.

Thanks I haven't got any tiles small enough for the enclosure but I will try the damp bedding in a bowl as well as the ice pack and hope wish I had my ir temp gun I purchased which hasn't been delivered yet just to check his body temp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back