Types of BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlover007

Reaction score
Hello!
I don’t know if this is a silly thing to ask or not, but while reading around I’ve come across mentions of different types of black-headed pythons.
However, I haven’t been able to find any solid info about what they are and their differences.
So if you know the different types and their size/personality/where each one lives etc. please tell me!
Thanks

There are some regional differences between BHP's, NT, QLD & WA. WA animals tend to be a bit smaller, around the 2m mark whereas NT & QLD animals will get up to around 3m.
Other than some regional colouration and differences in some of the head scales there isn't too much to choose between them.

Is this the info you were looking for or are you referring more about the morphs that are out there?

There are some regional differences between BHP's, NT, QLD & WA. WA animals tend to be a bit smaller, around the 2m mark whereas NT & QLD animals will get up to around 3m.
Other than some regional colouration and differences in some of the head scales there isn't too much to choose between them.

Is this the info you were looking for or are you referring more about the morphs that are out there?
This is perfect thanks, but also is there any massive price difference between them?

WA animals tend to be more expensive than the eastern types due to lower availability and higher demand.
Biggest influence on price is the genetics. We have BHP's from about 500 to 1800 depending on colour, markings and genes.

WA animals tend to be more expensive than the eastern types due to lower availability and higher demand.
Biggest influence on price is the genetics. We have BHP's from about 500 to 1800 depending on colour, markings and genes.
Sweet, thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back