what is the best snake for basic wildlife licence??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, if you want an Antaresia because it is "the cheapest," then you shouldn't get a snake. Idk how old you are, but tbh you don't seem very mature or at all ready for a 20+ year commitment. If you are going to buy a snake based off of what is smallest, cheapest and easiest then it seems you don't want a pet or any responsibility, only a "cool" ornament.
If you aim to get bitten, well that's plain stupid. Being prepared to be bitten, and wanting to be bitten are very different.
You should do some research and decide if you ACTUALLY want a snake, and if you're committed. Gumtree is terrible. Big no.
Don't buy a snake because it fits. Buy a snake and be prepared to set up a proper enclosure, based off what interests you, not what is simplest.
I recommend reptile classifieds.

I am the age you would not think I am and I am sure I want a pet snake and I just want one that is affordable for my family and fits in the bearded dragons old tank snakes interest me and I said about the bite thing because IF it bites me I'm ok with it and it's not like I'm going to die and also I have done what I think is enough information and some of the info comes form snake discovery
[doublepost=1573468228,1573468192][/doublepost]Plus cute lizard

The Pygmy Python, Antaresia perthensis is the smallest of the Antaresia and also the world's smallest python (some may argue the Pygmy Banded Stimson's is smaller, they may be right).
You are right in saying the perthensis is the smallest, I keep the Pygmy Banded and they are bigger at around 90cm

Do my gosh sooo many cute reptiles give me oneeeee
[doublepost=1573472132,1573472074][/doublepost]I should go to sleep but I a be stupid cuz I can

well that is not me i dont have Facebook ok but i do feel the same way...
[doublepost=1573537856,1573537808][/doublepost]pus i dont troll i dont support that

All silliness aside, A Stimson or Children Python is the best for what you need as a first Snake. All snakes when small, bite, you are so big and they are so small, their response is to tag you if you move to quickly, it doesn't hurt and you would be lucky to get any blood, you just get a bit of a shock at how fast they can move. If you join a Herpetological Society, you could adopt a Snake quite cheaply that hasn't got a home for one reason or another. I have adopted 7 Pythons and I love all of them, some are Big and some are small. I let my grand Daughter play with one of my Children Pythons because they are so docile that she wouldn't get bitten but I do supervise her.

Snakes are an animal that you need to develop a relationship with, once bonded they are all quite peaceful and like being handled. Some of mine were very bitie but I know how to change that behavior and it takes a lot of time with older Snakes... one took me 12 months and now is a beautiful animal. My Snakes are my family and will be with me for as long as I live or they live which could be as long as 25 years, I say this because it is bad enough with cats and dogs and is something to think about. BTW, you can feed your snake Quail and they love them

Most snakes eat mice or rats but there are some snakes that eat amphibians, fish anad even other snakes, it depends on what you most prefer im not a expert but based on my genaral knowlage that is what i have heard. There are many youtube videos on best beginner snakes and i think there are some videos on what snakes are best for kids. Some snakes can be picky eaters and some don't like to be handled but really no snake is perfect but in my opinion snakes are wonderful pets.
[doublepost=1575034806,1574675087][/doublepost]Very well said

Latest posts

Back