Python Respiratory Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebiimams

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My new Banded Pygmy hatchling seems to have some respiratory problem. It yawns and sneezes regularly, but there’s minimal mucus that I can see. I uploaded a video of the problem on YouTube:

Does anyone have any experience with this?
[doublepost=1586236594,1585899769][/doublepost]Just thought that I would post an update for anyone interested. The vet wasn’t overly concerned but did put it on a course of antibiotics. Thankfully it was still in quarantine when the problem was noticed.

I asked her to take a sample for Sunshine Virus, as it sometimes presents as a respiratory thing, but apparently the Murdoch lab was seconded for COVID-19 testing, so it may take a while.

Thanks for the update @sebiimams - and sorry no one else has been able to give you advise at this stage. Please keep us posted as to how you go.

I thought that I’d give a final update on this little guy. After an initial one week course of antibiotics, he improved but worsened shortly after. I returned to the vet and he was put on a two week course of antibiotics, given orally, and a week of nebulisation.

It was annoying giving antibiotics and it took some time and money, but he’s a solid two weeks now without any symptoms. He also calmed down significantly.

A lesson for all, make sure you properly inspect your hatchies before purchase!

Latest posts

Back