Healthy Wild Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowtail

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Since I moved to the Mt Tamborine area in SE Qld I have been impressed by the obvious good condition of the wild reptile population. This has been obvious in the animals around my home but also those I have come across in the general area, pythons, elapids, monitors, skinks are all well fed, glowing with health and minimal ticks. If some were captive animals they would be considered over fed.
This is certainly not the case in some other parts of Aus that I have visited where the reptiles are often in poor condition.
I moved this 2.5m carpet off a road today at an altitude of around 550m, obviously fed recently despite the overnight temps in single figures.
IMG_5622.jpeg

Since I moved to the Mt Tamborine area in SE Qld I have been impressed by the obvious good condition of the wild reptile population. This has been obvious in the animals around my home but also those I have come across in the general area, pythons, elapids, monitors, skinks are all well fed, glowing with health and minimal ticks. If some were captive animals they would be considered over fed.
This is certainly not the case in some other parts of Aus that I have visited where the reptiles are often in poor condition.
I moved this 2.5m carpet off a road today at an altitude of around 550m, obviously fed recently despite the overnight temps in single figures.
View attachment 329303
Very interesting thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

View attachment 329303
Mt tambo nice spot mate

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Was just up there last week, kept telling myself I wouldn't see any reptiles because of how cold it was. Obviously I just wasn't looking hard enough!

That Carpet sure does seem to be in ideal condition.

What types of reptiles have you seen which look overfed?

That Carpet sure does seem to be in ideal condition.

What types of reptiles have you seen which look overfed?
The younger carpets all seem to be very well fed, Stephens bandeds and other small elapids are all fatter than you would expect
Local lace monitors have plenty of condition possibly because of the abundance of road kill on the mountain roads.

Latest posts

Back