Herp Keeping Software...What do you use?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a GOOD herp keeping software?
I've looked at a couple of US ones...not very impressed though!
I have used Free Herp 2005 since may 2008, until 2 days ago when some functions stopped working....Not sure why. :(
I have a new computer, running Vista, working perfectly with every other application, other than Free Herp. Anyone else had problems?
I'm thinking it may be a time limit thing, stuff's up and you start to lose functions, so you have to purchase the full version. It sucks because you can't download it anywhere anymore, strange!
Anyone have a download link, as proherp doesn't have the download anymore.
I am keen to purchase a program if it's good, as free herp was a great way to keep track of all your herp keeping records.

Any recommendations?
Thanks......

The free one tat could be downloaded was similar to the one i bought from a herp meeting a couple of years ago. If i can find the disc i'll PM you the details.

What do you actually mean by herp keep Software? If its just record keeping i just set up exel pages!

The free one tat could be downloaded was similar to the one i bought from a herp meeting a couple of years ago. If i can find the disc i'll PM you the details.
It enables you to keep ALL records, everything from health, feeding, shedding, size...everything basically.

Ahh i just exel for that! Just make each colum a different thing! I dont record size and weight!

What do you actually mean by herp keep Software? If its just record keeping i just set up exel pages!
LOL, i'm a excel spreadsheet freak at work. The proper software allows you to add pics and everything described inthe last post.
It's generally alot easier and nicer to work with than plain old excel...lol NOT that there's anything wrong with that!
It has drop down boxes, easy to add a new herp or specie and when you have a fair few, just makes it simple I guess.

Can someone please PM me the details of the SW so I can source this also.

SW sounds good.

Can someone please PM me the details of the SW so I can source this also.

SW sounds good.

Yeah mate, it is good..
Google it and some links will come up.
If you find a good one can you PM me?
Thanks
BTW Metzcal doesn't work, so don't waste your time downloading it...;)

what do you google to get the free one! i might see how it is! Just Herp keeping software?

As I only keep general info, shedding and weight records. I use Microsoft OneNote. It's damn simple to use. You could add more sections for additional data, feeding records etc. Best of all you can make a template and use it over for each animal.

I think I might have posted the pic b4.

onenote.jpg

Your too smart for me Kuto..lol
I need something that's there and you just add data..lol
I have just found Metzcal version 2, i'll try this and let you guys know if it works. The one I had before was version 1 I think.

As I only keep general info, shedding and weight records. I use Microsoft OneNote. It's damn simple to use. You could add more sections for additional data, feeding records etc. Best of all you can make a template and use it over for each animal.

I think I might have posted the pic b4.

onenote.jpg

I did use herp software. Then my computer crashed and I lost ALL the data. I now just write it into a dairy from Coles. Soo much easier.

There is talk of Free Herp v1.0 but all the links are broken.

So no luck. website should be www.proherp.com.au

Yeah, that's the reason for the thread, you can't dowload it anymore! That Sucks!!!

OK update, Metzcal V2 does not work either...bummer. Don't bother downloading the 38 Meg file!!!
So again, anyone know of a good software, I will purchase it, that is easy to use?
Thanks again guys! :)

Yer i find it easy to use exel but i also have a notepad that i write it all down in as a back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back