heat rock for snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS101

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering if heat rocks can be use with snakes ?
i am wondering why none uses heat rocks as they have thermostats built in . Any thermostat can fail weather it be in a heat rock , tiled heat cord , heatmat . ect ect . just interest to know .

i heard they can burn a snake? or anything at that and i heard they course fires

yes i truely do agree, but ive had a few friends having problems with heat rocks melting and smoking?

yes i truely do agree, but ive had a few friends having problems with heat rocks melting and smoking?
yeah i have herd bad things about them too , maybe they were cheap rocks ?
dont know , kinda why i made a thread about it . the one in my blue tounge enclosure has been running fine for over a year . on 24/7 .

i cant say ive tried them as to what ive heard, i think heat cords are better, thats just me though

I had one when I first got my stimmie, it wasn't enough heat for it and she stopped eating. As soon as I put in a heat mat and a normal rock all was good.

I have been using heat rocks for quite some time now, no issues and the snake's love them. As far as im concerned, like previously stated, any electrical appliance (heat rock, cord, mat, light,etc) can fail- causing fires, burns w/e. I just get mine tested every now and again to be on the safe side. I just think the old rocks have got a bad rap, maybe they were crap..

For those that use heat rocks - what brand do you use? I was looking at either heat rocks or heat cords with tiles, but I'm not sure which is the better way to go. How accurate are the thermostats on the heat rocks?

I have been using heat rocks for quite some time now, no issues and the snake's love them. As far as im concerned, like previously stated, any electrical appliance (heat rock, cord, mat, light,etc) can fail- causing fires, burns w/e. I just get mine tested every now and again to be on the safe side. I just think the old rocks have got a bad rap, maybe they were crap..
yeah well i figured the snakes might like them , u can get some pretty big rocks too .

I used heat rocks for my 2 blueys and never had a problem with them. had them for nearly 3 years. However i currently use a heat pad for my snake but would happily go back to a rock.

For those that use heat rocks - what brand do you use? I was looking at either heat rocks or heat cords with tiles, but I'm not sure which is the better way to go. How accurate are the thermostats on the heat rocks?

reptile one heat rocks. a 6 watt one set me back around $30-35 with a diameter of roughly 12-15cm. The 12 watt one was $45 with prob a 20cm or so diameter.
make sure you shop around though, i have seen small ones for as much as $60!. Thermostats on them are good, it peaks at about 33 deg then shuts off. Not sure what temp it turns back on at though. There is a little red LED light on the side though to tell you when it is on and off.

I also really don't understand how they can be more dangerous than heat mat or heat cord since they have a thermostat built inside them. Like exoterra wouldn't make them if they wernt good because they would lose there good product reputation.

I have run a heat mat and hot rocks for 10 or more years no probs with either. I only have 6 watt small ones though incase a globe dies or for a little extra heat when digesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back