Dodgy ATO email?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else received one of these? Im guessing its all fake..it looks real though.. =/

Tax return for individuals - 2011

2010 - 2011 Recalculation of you tax refund

After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of AU$ 568.24

Complete the individual tax return form attached to this message. After completing the form print the form by clicking the SUBMIT FORM button on the form and mail the form to our head office.

Our head office address can be found on our website at Australian Taxation Office Homepage

Sincerely,

Australian Taxation Office
Canberra
Ground floor, Ethos House
28-36 Ainslie Avenue
Civic Square ACT 2600

Below that was an online form, asking for all my details, bank account etc,,,sooo dodgy!

I doubt the ATO would email...most likely send a letter out.

I would just give them a call and confirm it though.

The ATO is apparently aware of it, and it is definitely a scam, so dont give them any details!

definitely a scam, they want your personal details and steal your identity.
the only email the ato ever send out is the one to remind you to do your tax return. if the ato wanted to give you back more money (which doesnt make sense) they'd put it straight into your account.

Thanks all..i didnt think theyd email asking for details like that. Usually theyd call.
I wonder how many people they get with that scam..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back