Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Other than Blondie has anyone heard of another wild Albino carpet being found? I was speaking to an old Landscaper up here in Darwin about snakes and he said years ago a fellow he worked with had found an albino python on a job and had it for quite a while. I can't confirm if this story is true or not but it got me thinking.

I have heard rumours years ago of a albino diamond being found in the Kuringai area of Sydney. but like I said that was from a person who had a friend who found it....

Apparently there was another albino darwin caught that was/is supposedly a different line that the blondie one.Think it is called white phoenix or something like that.My guess is that the line is very closely related to the blondie one.

Wasnt there 2 separate albino darwins found? blondie and White Phoenix.
Ive also hearded about the albino diamond from pretty trust worthy sources.
Also unconfirmed report of an albino diamond spotted by a farmer a few years back.

There was a an albino diamond seen in the lower blue mountains years back by a herper.I heard the story off a few people then met the guy and he told me what happened.

No i don't. I could even be wrong about it being w/c now that i think of it. But it was an NT animal.

Nope, my memory served me right.

The fact that Spliff was male was mentioned in Monitor, the journal of the VHS. Spliff's photo was on the cover of Monitor , Vol. 5 No.2 Dec. 1993 Caption: Olive python (Liasis olivaceus) found at Woodcutters Mine, 80 km south of Darwin, Nth. Territory. "The male specimen measures approx. 1.5 metres TBL and is presumed to be just under 2 years of age. Photograph by Gavin Bedford."

Albino Olive Pythons and those carrying the gene

How would it be bumbeling across a wild Alb I have family in Victoria that have Alb roos from time to time.

i got a mate who found an albino corn in his bird cage in blacktown, they were wondering what was happening to their finches. Doubt it was wild though.

I wonder what the chance of an albino occuring in the wild is....boy it would be some slim odds for sure.......prob would have a much better chance of winning the lottery but it does happen.....I am sure there would have been old farmers or the like out there who would have seen an albino something and never given it a second thought....... amazing world

I imagine one thing that would be rarer than albino snakes is finding albino snakes.

there are huge numbers in the wild so it could be a possibility that its wild but highly unlikely, prob someones escaped pet.

If you hit the search there is quite a few threads. When we released the White phoenix progeny its compatability with Blondie animals was unknown. Of the "cross progeny I have seen there are more lavander/orange colourations than straight blondie animals. The White phoenix male was found at Adelaide River about 50 km from where Blondie was found.

Strange that the Darwins have been the ones that have been discovered as wild Albs. I don't suppose anybody has a pic of the Phoenix from Adelaide River.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back