UVB and halogen downlights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
I have been talking to several electrical suppliers today and I have come to the conclusion that some people using downlights for UVB may be under the mistaken impression that no cover glass means UVB. Apparently the ones available now with no glass have UV stop incorporated in the bulb so they still filter out most if not all the UVB. Correct me if I am wrong but it is, as I have been told, illegal to sell them without UV shielding. If this is true, which it seems it is, many people may be under the impression they are supplying UVB when they are not at all. Has anyone tested the newer uncovered ones for UVB output, interested to hear?

A uva/uvb globe for a down light fitting would be boss but i dont think they exist. I had a look on google and stuff and i cannot see anything... If you find one be sure to let us know :)

I'm pretty sure halogens without the glass only produce uvc instead of uvb/uva their is uv light data sheet in the herpshop lighting section that breaks down all the lights used and the uv levels they produce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back