Wild snake with ticks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
These are pics from a friend of a friend who is doing her Vet prac atmo. I dont have any other info other than that. Im not sure where she works etc. Thought you may like to see!

Attachments

• snaketicks.jpg
    snaketicks.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 68,453
  • after ticks.jpg
    after ticks.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 76,203
  • ticks.jpg
    ticks.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 90,659
wow poor blooody thing thats insane, i know a few cant hurt it much but jesus hope it recovered well

Not sure how its going but I have sent a pm to find out. So glad someone thought to take it in to get cared for!

Holley smokes, terrible little parasites!
I'm all for the knowledge/experience gained from this, hopefully it lives strong back into the wild

Wow, poor bloody thing. Kinda reminds me of Davy Jones crew though....

I've seen ticks on snakes before and we get a lot of ticks here on dog and ourselves - but this is crazy! Poor snake. I hope it survives.

I was thinking this was going to be another one of thoes threads where the aminal had a tick or two and the poster had taken it in for care and never let back to the wild becaues they thought it was to sick. But holy crap thats a lot of ticks, let your friend know she did a good job please.

FMD!!! That is both horrific and disgusting!! I hate ticks. Interesting that they have all congregated at the head. What a blessing for that snake to have someone pick them all off.

It should survive without problems.

That is an unbelieveable infestation. I have never seen tick attached to the top of the head like that.

I would be very interested to know what they did to remove them and why it was done under anaethesia. Did the anaethetic also affect the ticks, allowing them to be pulled out with fear of regurgitation? I recognise that with that number there would be a real risk of poisoning the patient by rmoving them the traditional way. Why was something like Ivemectin not used?

Mind boggling! Thanks for posting.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back