Rednecks and snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, lets get together and kill a bunch of snakes, but it's okay, because we are doing it for the public! This is just another thing to add on the long list of things that i hate about americans.

thats a bit racist isnt it, what is wrong with killing and eating rattlesnakes
Cutting a snakes head off is cruel and not a fast death for a it. the head needs to be kept intact so they can make belt buckles and souveniers out of them.
Teaching your kids to be cruel to animals is only making sure the next generation of rednecks continue the practice.
Its ugly, an ugly passtime and custom , performed by ugly Americans.

Not all American are ugly but these roundup guys surely are..I hate them

They must believe that rattlers have the soul of satan within them, and therefore must be destroyed! Their logic would run along these lines no doubt, being Texans and all :rolleyes:

Yep good old ignorant Americans at their best.

Hey, lets get together and kill a bunch of snakes, but it's okay, because we are doing it for the public! This is just another thing to add on the long list of things that i hate about americans.

"some from as far away as Australia."

Snakes Alive! World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup Underway In Sweetwater - Big Country News Story - KTXS Abilene

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes and from all countries.

And why are Americans always generalized as a whole from the actions of retarded rednecks?...Retarded rednecks exist everywhere....Would it be fair if I went to the most backward redneck area of Australia and then judges all Australians based on what I witnessed?

As for the reasoning beyond these "roundups" probably because "The Bible says snakes are evil and bad dur de dur".....Typical redneck thinking...And of course we know the bible has always been a consistent source of accurate proven information :rolleyes::rolleyes: Nothing in it has ever been proven to be wrong or anything.....

Last edited:
I went to the USA and lived as a family not as a tourist. I have not long been back.
Painting Americans with the one brush is just showing how miss informed we all are. I found most to so polite and helpful. I got back here and it made me sad how much we suck too. And it lots of ways we are worse.

Its a culture for them, They would have been doing it longer then you all probably have lived. Just cause we don't approve doesn't mean its wrong or right. Its a way of life for them. other topics are the alligator hunting that happens for a straight 30 days over there, I watched that didn't seem like a thing I would want to do but most had been doing it for 4 or more generations which is 100 years, why should they change now? Australian's are 'bogans' to the rest of the world, they all reckon we talk with massive slang and wear stubbies and patched shirts, do you like being classified like then when only a tiny proportion of the population may even come close to fitting that category.
We don't approve, i don't like the video's, not my thing but its life for them!
Plus nothing goes to waste, its all used, more then what we can say for animal products going to waste in Australia!

Everyone see's this differently. Everyone has their own opinion on situations like this. Me, i hate seeing animals get killed. But thats just me. I have a massive soft spot for all animals :).

At the end of the day, they think they are doing right by killing them off. because its been a 'tradition' over there for a while.

This is the 54th annual rattle snake round up so its not that old, also a lot of the negative opinions are coming from Americans themselves.
The problem most have with it is not that they kill and eat snakes but that they capture so many that could have an impact on the wild population and the methods they use. For example one of the methods of getting a snake out of a burrow is to pour petrol down and then grab them when they come out. They also sometimes keep large numbers of live snakes in plastic bins together and to calm them down so they can be handled they will place them in ice boxes.
There are probably other things that people don't like but I haven't looked into it that much.

Again, having read the thread title and delving a little further into the thread I saw no need to read any further, especially by clicking on the links.

No thanks.

There was an article I read somewhere that said genetically rattlers in certain areas (because of these round-ups) were more reluctant to rattle when danger was near. This is because these idiots are effectively making the snakes "more dangerous" because the ones who gave a premature warning were easier to find and collect. The ones left to breed were then the ones that gave little or no warning. It's a gene-pool thing ;)

And now any American reading this will probably hate you. But who can blame them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back