Retained Shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kc_read

Reaction score
As the title says my SWCP python has a small bit of retained shed about the size of your fingernail.
He shed lastnight
The temps are 33 at hot end to room temperature at the cool end which was is about 20 degrees atm.
He has plenty of areas to rub his skin off in his enclosure as its a 2m fake rockwall which made it a tad hard to remove the skin from :p
I have also been misting the enclosure everyday since i saw his eyes had gone milky just to make sure he shed well.

My question is should i leave him and see if he rubs it off or should i get him out and give him a lukewarm bath like i see mentioned around the site?
Unsure as what to do as my stimmy hasnt had a bad shed so i haven had to deal with it.

Cheers

Pandora my Jungle shed Friday night and had the tailtip part of her shed left on. I put her in a warm bath and then let her slither through a wet washer while I applied a little pressure on the retained part of the shed. It came off very easily

Here have a look at this video i made:D
[video=youtube;4PxPW5HBcyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PxPW5HBcyo&context=C44c2789ADvjVQa1PpcFNb vc8TKK0VNWlhWBCSxH_gZ4UGY0FUOpM=[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back