heres a debate 4 ya......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have seen how much u all love a good debate lol so here go's.

Do u believe couples should be able 2 choose the gender of their children? I do.

I as many of you know have 6 boys and whilst i love everyone of them dearly i am bloody pissed off that i missed out on a girl. I am not dissapointed having six sons i am simply dissapointed that i dont have a daughter.
I feel for the couples that cant have children infact my heart breaks 4 them BUT it doesnt chnge the way i feel!

If i had a spare 30 g i would def have played with nature 2 have my pink one.

Ok now off u go start telling me how i should be greatful that i can even have kids and maybe even abuse me....i dont care because that how i feel.

I don't!
I have two boys. My husbands family going back 4 generations, there's 21 boys and no girls. I haven't decided if I'm going to have any more kids but if I do I know there's the highest chance it'll be another boy. I would never pay 30k for it, I would be using that on the kids I already have.
If being gay is unnatural, then damn, selectively choosing features of your children is ;)
I also have two of my best friends who have 3 day old and a 5 week old baby girls, so I can spoil and cuddle them as much as I like but won't have to pay for all their makeup and hairdressing and waxing appointments when they're teenagers hehe.

wow, this is a biggy hey....

the problem i can see is over population of one sex but then i guess mother nature doesn't always get it right.

I had a beautiful bouncing boy almost 12 years ago. Due to complication which lwon't get in to, i was told that my chances of having another child were less than 4%... well guess what, 6 years later, l fell pregnant and l had a beautiful little baby girl. I am blessed with having a second child. She is our surprise miricle baby and l guess i hit the jackpot because i have one of each.

You know, over the past few weeks l have decided that life is far too short and precious. I will also get slammed for this but hey, go for it.. be happy

no, this stuff up natural selection, only gender selection should be if say there was an illness that passed through males you could get your child a female so it doesnt run into these issues, just my opinion

hey i know alot of u will say 'its unnatural' but u know so r lots a things in 2days world! fake boobs, antidepresants, doesnt make them bad or wrong.

I cant say that I would never do it, because I have one of each.... I will say when I found out I was pregnant with my second and she was actually in my womb not the fallopian tube I was ecstatic because after ovarian Cancer and a lot of other stuff I wasnt supposed to be able to fall pregnant again. I was grateful to be pregnant but at the same time had a little yearning for a Daughter, I was blessed not only to be pregnant but to have my Daughter :) I would like to say I would be happy with whatever sex I got, however I cant say that I wouldnt consider gender selection because I havent walked in your shoes .MR I feel it is a personal choice that is between Husband and Wife(or same sex partners)and they should not be judged by society as society do not walk in their shoes. Many live in glass houses and should not throw stones..........

Last edited:
Josh r u kidding me! lol why!? they r so cool they pass the remote to u when you r too lazy to reach 4 it and they get u beers from the fridge! :p

It is esimated, by the age of 21 a child has cost about $1,000,000
I would rather save for 21 years and get the remote myself... I don't drink alcohol so there is another saving.

hey i know alot of u will say 'its unnatural' but u know so r lots a things in 2days world! fake boobs, antidepresants, doesnt make them bad or wrong.

Don't bring fake boobs into this

hmm another thing that amazes me is take IVF for example.....its not 'natural' but people do it - for different reasons maybe but still its the same thing. Gender selection is pretty much tipping the ingredients into a bowl and picking out the pink or blue. Its not creating kids with 2 heads or unicorns.

Why would you want a child anyway?
Because I am a born Mother lol it is what I do best :) I would've had as many as I could've, if I could afford to foster Children I would. I dont drink, dont smoke, dont do drugs but yes Children are expensive :) worth every last cent I own though. So are all my animal kiddies too :)

I'm not really sure whether I'm for or against this. Hmm. I have a son, he lives with his father and I don't see him often. I don't think I would have chosen his sex if I had the choice. I could think of better things to spend my money on. I might have to think about this more before I give a definitive answer.

well speaking off kiddies i must go tend to mine! lol i shall check back on this thread later 8)

Have a great day people.

One one hand, I don't think people should be breeding at all, the world is ridiculously overpopulated, I don't like children, and the gene pool is basically mud now, because natural selection in people is practically dead. On the other hand, a technical advancement like this really paves the way for creating offspring with awesome superpowers, which could be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back