Yellow BHP's, i want one, What do you know...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_s

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, basically, i want a very strong yellow coloured BHP for my next snake. i already have one, but i want another, i love BHP's and am sticking to them for now.
I know Dens has nice yellow's and i am considering buying one through dens. I am still open to other breeders/BHP's, so long as its Yellow. I've seen one getting around on the Forum called a Bumble-Bee or something. That's basically what im after. Would even considering buying one off of someone thats not a breeder. I'm not really in a position to purchase RIGHT NOW due to ill probably only have about a $1000 plus ill need an enclosure. I would much prefer getting a hatchie and dont mind spending $1000 on one because i know i can put it in the enclosure with my other BHP in a click-clack for the time being.
so guys, shoot me any info, advice, opinions or experiences you's have had.
thanks guys and im looking forward to hearing from you...

You won't get one for 1000 bucks. You'd be lucky if you got a bumblebee BHP for 15k, there are hardly any like the bumblebee BHP.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get one for 1000 bucks. You'd be lucky if you got a bumblebee BHP for 15k, there are hardly any like the bumblebee BHP.

The reason I made this thread, so I could learn more about them actailly. And dens have they're high yellows for a 1000

The reason I made this thread, so I could learn more about them actailly. And dens have they're high yellows for a 1000
i dont know much about bhps but he is right about the bumblebee thing there isnt a real lot of them about i think itd be hard to find one really but there are lots of really yellow ones about that your talking about but there not bumblebees thats what hes talking about

Neil Sonneman used to have some cracker creamy yellow BHP's, don't know where they ended up though. This was a photo he sent me a few years back.

3hatchlings.jpg

Last edited:
Bottom left one is a beauty. i just want some thing that's yellow bumble bee is an example but yeah, something with a lot of yellow would be magic

Neil Sonneman used to have some cracker creamy yellow BHP's, don't know where they ended up though. This was a photo he sent me a few years back.

I think he gave them to the bloke who runs T's BHP's.

No sorry, was not me.
I have got axanthic BHP's and het axanthic/calico BHP's that Neil bred.

Most BHP's that look yellow as a juvenile will actually loose the yellow colour as it gets older. Not all, but most.
If you can see the adults and they look like what your after, then thats your best bet.
Den has some great animals that I think are the ones you are after.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
T

yeah Dens as some beautiful ones. so i wouldnt be able to put it in a click clack for while in the other enclouser?
No sorry, was not me.
I have got axanthic BHP's and het axanthic/calico BHP's that Neil bred.

Most BHP's that look yellow as a juvenile will actually loose the yellow colour as it gets older. Not all, but most.
If you can see the adults and they look like what your after, then thats your best bet.
Den has some great animals that I think are the ones you are after.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
T

BHP's grow very fast. A click clack won't last long, maybe a couple of months, so it really needs an enclosure.
T

I would be cautious putting two together, especially of different sizes, as they are naturally reptile eaters. Not sure about even in a click-clack in there, an adult BHP could be strong enough to squeeze it open if determined enough.

I would only have it in a click clack for a month at the most. Just long enough to get an 8 foot enclosure for my big boy now. Then if its alright to do so ill put my hatcie/juvy in the 6 footer with the appropriate furniture and what not. But im not willing to do anythifng that runs the risk of putting either snake in danger.

Oh yeah - they can shove open a cheap click clack with very little encouragement! Best to start off with at least a small enclosure :) I wouldn't put BHP's with any other type of reptile and wouldn't put them with each other if the size difference was dramatic - the ones i've put together are of similar sizes (and are adults).

I'll have to take a pic of Nyx and see if that's kinda what you are after or stronger in colour etc.

Last edited:
Too easy sounds good, might put it off for an extra few weeks for the both BHP's sake and get another enclosure set up. Is it okay to put a juvy/hatchie in a 6ft'd enclosure?
Kitarsha that would be great please guys don't be shy on photos guys the more the merrier, especially if you have a yellow bhp

If you want to put a hatchie in a 6' enclosure, I would be putting him in a click clack inside the enclosure with the lid on for a month or 2 to let him settle in, then take the lid off the click clack inside the enclosure so he can choose to stay in the CC or move into the enclosure itself. Lots of hides and furniture in the big enclosure once lid is off CC. If he leaves the CC and hangs out in the big enclosure, take out the CC.

Definately dont cohabitate different size BHP's because you risk 1+1=1 :shock:

And absolutely definately feed them separately if they are the sameish size even.

Yes there is no way id ever feed together and they will be kept seperate I never thought my big boy would try and open the click clack though. If you have a look in my albums theyres a photo of my current bhps enclosure, ill probably keep it the same with the branches but add loads more rocks and smaller and more hides.

I wouldn't risk housing any BHP's together.

I wouldn't risk housing any BHP's together.

You have to house together at some time to breed them.
If you have had them for any amount of time you will understand thier habits, & this BS about snakes eating each other take it or leave it. Use your own intelligence, a snake the same size will not eat another the same. The problem comes when feeding as both snakes are honed in & want the same food.

Cheers
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back