Shedding Q's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyDiamond

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just CURIOUS about my childrens pythons Shedds.
I just check on my lil man(?) Charli and he has left a shed for me.
Im curious on why they may look like the first pic all rolled up. (humid & temp normal) second pic is after i unravelled it (tares in it where made by me accidently) shedd seems complete, though. Has anyone else had this happen or does any may now why? Thanks In Advance :)
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Why do the sheds roll up? Is that your question?

The snakes roll it inside out as the slide out of the old skin, usually it's damp or wet due to soaking in their water bowl.

I am yet to find a shed in the right way out!

The 'roll' is usually caused by the snake finding something for the skin to get caught on, then all the rest of the skin builds up in folds at that point. So you're left with a thick 'ring' of folded skin. If that makes sense?

Yes that is my question.. I do understand that they shed inside out.. just they whole rolled/ravelling up part. As you did say that it could just be from it beening damp or wet that would make sense (he got a quick bath last night). I have only ever seen complete (inside out) unrolled/unravelled shedds. so i just thought id ask. Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back