Diamond Python ( juvenile )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle.Ward

Reaction score
Diamond Python ( juvenile ) help

Hi,

I am about to purchase my first Diamond Python but before doing so I want to see if someone might be able to help me with a few things ?
firstly the her dob is 14/04/12 she is 75cm in length - after speaking to a few people and doing research I have been advised she is extremely long for her age, is this right ?

Secondly the guy has been feeding her baby quails roughly 6-8grams - would I be right in saying she could be on hopper rats 8-12grams ?

Look forward to hearing from you :)
Danni

Last edited:
That size sounds big but if she was well fed its not impossible.
The rat size would be alright too but just keep in mind that some snakes can be picky when moving to different foods so you might need to scent the rats with quail for a while. You might be lucky though and get one that switches easily.

Awesome thanks heaps for that :)

he did mention she has been a great feeder, for her first few feeds in the new enclosure I was going to stick with the quails until she settles but I was just worried they were not going to be sufficient enough for her.

i have not long gotten a juvi diamond and she is from last years clutch so is about 10 or 11 months old and i would say she is about 60cm or a little over, she eats weaner mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back