Blister disease

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

My mate just called that his snake have blister disease.
I have no idea how contagious that is.
He said that wet told him to say goodbye to his snake. It is small chance he will survive.
That is scary.

Afro does you know :)
I'm trying to look it up in the book "Whats wrong with my snake" Slatey, but I can find no reference to it sorry :(

Slatey, blister desease is highly contagious and the animal concerned should be quarentined. The fluids in the blisters seem to be very contagious, so do not pop the blisters.

It can be caused by a number of reasons. Cage to cold, cage to dirty, cage to damp or a combination of the above reasons.

First thing to do is to get the snake into a clean, dry and warm cage(low 30c) so to stop the cause, and then treat with antibiotics. It is normally very treatable if you get to it in the early stages. Once the snake sheds you find in most cases it disappears if treated correctly.

Thank's Bob and others who tried to give me some infos.
I went ther today morning and he took snake to Teri Belamy. She kept the animal in her surgery under quarantine. But she said that he took snake there bit late and the snake have 50 50 chance.

I have never dealt with anything like this before! What do the blisters look like? Are they under the scales or between the scales and a skin which is about to be shed?

Cheers

Franco

i just did some reading and the information is contradicting each other......so my questions are (or double checking info)
it is only seen in captive care by bad housing conditions eg dirty, moldy, and/or overly moist substrate
the blisters are found either - bottom-most scales or underside of the snake
signs are - a pink to red appearance of the bottom-most scales

right so far?

The treatment of it is what confused be but either way prevention is always better than cure.
(Please correct me if i am wrong just double checking info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back