How Do I Wire Up A Batten Fix Holder?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigblackdog

Reaction score
I want to install a battenfx fix holder on the inside of a 55l tub to keep crickets warm & happy.
I've used a soldering iron to make the hole in the lid for the wiring to feed through.
I've 'adapted' an extension lead to give 3 wires to connect to the batten fix.

What wire goes where?

I'd appreciate no smartass answers please as I have no desire to get zapped.

Thanks.

HI Mate, I know that you think this will be a smartalec answer, but I would be disappointed at someone giving advice on how to wire a 240 volt connection over a site like this. If you stuff up you could either die or burn your house down. Whilst many of us wire our own enclosures we do so illegally and at great risk.

Also, there is great risk at just having a batten Holder in a tub. Eddison Screws would be much safer with less chance of electricution. Those two plugs in a batten are positive and negative. Touch both at once with the power on and you can guess what will happen. There is much less chance of touching both terminals on an ES fitting.

Sorry to be a volvo driving stick in the mud. And I am sure that someone will tell you how to do it anyway.

i agree with peter ring a sparky and get it done properly and i think every one here will also agree
sorry to sound like a smartass but its a lot safer ...........karl

this isnt something to learn in a internet forum, get a sparky to do it and watch what he does.

active to active
neutral to neutral
earth to earth

if the wires arnt connected properly it can start a fire(not good)

IMO bayonett and edison screw both are just as good/bad.

lol, jesus.

Bring it around if your want, i got nothing to do for a while.

call 1st - 0406003523.

assuming you haven't picked it up already.

actually very easy to do but like people have said, if your house burns down no one wants the responsiblilty on them. only licenced electricans by law can do it.

Thanks everyone for your advice/pms etc.
Understand & appreciate the concerns - & get the 'Kids, Don't Try This At Home' thing - they should go back to imitating stunts they see on Jackass & experimenting with drugs ;-)

Azz - It's cool now, thanks (where do you think I got the idea from in the 1st place! The Childreni are next).

if your house burns down no one wants the responsiblilty on them. only licenced electricans by law can do it.
so there the one's that start all the fire's my dad has to put out :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back