? How do you make a Incubator out of a fridge

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLANA

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering how you make a incubator (good one) out of a old fridge, also wanted to know what you use to make a basic incubator out of a foam box. Thanks

when i get back to the office i will send you the plans and costings to set it up

Cheers

D

I would like to do the fridge idea if it's not too hard, I would proberbly only need the esky though I guess as so far I will only have these Athertons breeding the comming season (hopefully) that's if I manage to find out when exactly they breed and temps lol, not having much fun finding out info but I'll get there I'm sure.

I think there was a previous issue of the australian reptile keepers magazine that showed you how to do it.

Take out the fridge engine, throw that away, get 9m heat cord , a DL1 or DL2 thermostat (they are expensive, around 100 each, DL2 is better) and a twin prob digital thermometer. Put screw's around the whole inside of the fridge, and wrap the heat cord around it, plug heat cord into thermo, and place the thermostats probe in the fridge, set to 30 degrees. Place one probe for thermometer at top of fridge one at bottom, place the thermometer on the front of the outside of the fridge so you can view temps without opening incubator. The thermostat will beep if it get to hot/cold.

Of course i can go into way more detail but this would become boring (for me and you :D)

This is the basic way of setting up a fridge incubator, you can also hook up a computer fan to a 12volt battery to keep a constant temp all the way through the incubator.

(All equipment needed for incubator, except computer fan and the fridge can be bought from Darren and Neil at strictly reptiles)

cheers

are ypu going to use a large fridge or a small bar fridge ive made one with the bar fridge and it didnt need fans but def want fans in larger fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back