breeding and sexing short neck turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
male turtle meets female, and umm
well this should exsplane everythink you need to no

[video=youtube;9jWS9nccpYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWS9nccpYk[/video]

sexing is usualy doenby looking at tail length and ventral shell shape,
teh latter is supposedly only distinguishable at adult age adn the tail mushc earlier, females have a very short tail adn males have a long tail to be simple. though i have never looked into how accurate it is, someoen else will tell you i am sure.

um and breeding all i knwo abotu breeding turtles is that it is much easier if you let them do their own thing ina pond outside.

cheers
H

how big should a males tail be ?

ok on the basics, get a drosal view of the turtle (put it on the ground and look at it from above) and for a feamle the tail should jsut make it [ast the dorsal shell length. whiel the male should be far enoguh past that the vent is past the end of the shell.

i think mine is a female and is about 4-5 years old is this 2 old to breed her shell is about 12cm long i think it a bit to small for a 4-5year old is it ? and dose any 1 no how to breed them indoors and can i c some pics of your indoor breeding set up thanks

Hi water dragon_rock_6,

Go to the Frequently Asked Questions on my website. You'll find the answer there.

Regards,
Michael.

thats an awesome website i wish i had known of it earlier will be some good reading, and yep the pictures help alot when tryign to explain.

cheers
H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back