how logn can snakes hold their breath under water?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PETTSY

Reaction score
how long can snakes hold their breath under water? ive noticed my coastal with her head underwater a few times tonight. i left her there for about 5 minutes then pulled her out as i wasnt sure if she was drowning or not..

the reason i asked as she may have a case of mites, have you handled any other snakes in the past couple of weeks?

yeah ive checked for mites and have spryed her enclosure a few times but i havent seen any signs of mites exepct for her sitting in the water

4 hours, 23 minutes & 6 seconds before they internally combust.
But if they havn't fasted for 30 mins before entering the water they can drown in a rather short time.

On a more serious note, I can't tell you how long exactly, but I have had healthy animals spend days in the water. They had no parasites and the the temps in their enclosures were fine. They just enjoyed the water I guess.

yeah i think she might just like the water and a geuss she would put her own head up before she drowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back