PRICE CHECK Hyacinth Macaw

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to check the price/value of this breed of mecaw?
seen one forsale in s.a and as far as i no they are legal, i no the black and golds are and im almost 100% these are too
seems legit but the amount they want for it is a fair bit less then what the black and golds go for

uhh... sorta looking at a minimum of 5 grand.......................... for a baby.................... theyre like the gtps of the bird world :lol:

yea lol im sitting here on the rep site thinking of black and gold jungles haha

yea i no the mecaws at ttp were selling for 10grand lol but thats just crazy petshop prices
wasnt sure about the hyacinth's thanks for the info

ahahaha

There was a legit pair a few years back for about $40k (might have been more).

-H

Hi

can't imagine them being less than a blue and gold, remember in the early 90's when a few people imported quite a few from O/S (England I think). They had to spend 6 months in quarantine and only 3 species were imported, hyacynths definately were not one of them.

I sincerely hope that whoever buys it actually intends to breed it and not keep it as a pet, IMO it and all other threatened species that are held in captivity should only be for breeding until they become extremely common.

Cheers

Forget about the Hyacinth,Adelaide Zoo has 2,and these birds were confiscated from a breeder.Blue and Golds sell for $7000 a young bird.

cheers

I thought Hyacinths were around the 30k ea mark?
Alot more than B&G's, so I would say it is BS if you seen them advertised for less.

Well it was advertised for 2,500 LOL so obviously bullcrap
wonder what they would say if i asked them if i can go over there and see it and buy it in person haha
its in adel

Back when I kept birds, there was a doco on international bird smuggling. On this programme they valued Hyacinth macaws at over $100,000 US (cant remember if it was pairs or each).
As previously stated the ones at Adelaide zoo were confiscated, and I would really doubt if there are any in private hands in the country. But as I said, I haven't kept birds for years now, so I could be wrong.

Back when I kept birds, there was a doco on international bird smuggling. On this programme they valued Hyacinth macaws at over $100,000 US (cant remember if it was pairs or each).
As previously stated the ones at Adelaide zoo were confiscated, and I would really doubt if there are any in private hands in the country. But as I said, I haven't kept birds for years now, so I could be wrong.

if that was like that even 10 years ago i highly doubt they would be availible for 2500 well its pretty obvious its just another scam thankyou for the info its interesting to hear about them

thanks amazonian thats really interesting i just read that persons post about the only one in aus being forsale

really interesting! such beautiful birds

There has been more advertised since that post though.
Not sure if they have been bred since or legally imported or what, but I have seen them advertised a very small amount and the descriptions state that they are from NEBRS? registered birds, DNA tested, microchipped etc etc.

Last edited:
yea maby a few pairs have been brought to aus since then and a few successfull bred?
i dont no but all i know is that one i saw avalible is phony

a few years back when i was a member of a local avicultural society they were up at 50k each

Boring looking birds anyway.
Give me B&G's or Scarlets anyday :p

Only reason I would want a Hyacinth would be for bragging rights & possibly to get into the playboy mansion for a breeding loan with Hughes Parrot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back