Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Rednecks and snakes

Roadhouse is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you bring the pre-whacked snakes?......Bewdifull.

Beard is offline Regular Member
    Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan555 View Post
    You Australians are just jealous of our American freedoms... You wish you were as free as us and it upsets you.

Example=In Australia it is illegal to kill snakes...In America I could bring my shotgun and blast the **** out of any rattlesnake that I ever come across..

Conclusion=America is better and free-er

Where is the little face for 'sadly shakes head slowly'......Guess will have to do.
    An eye for an eye will make us all blind.

Fishbone is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I should appologise for my country. This crap is deplorable. Its not even for purpose really, mostly for show. And, just for the record, in most of America, you can't "bring your shotgun and blast the **** out of any rattlesnake that you ever come across." At least not legally. That, for the most part, is Texas. We definitely have more than our share of idiots, and most of them work in the media. Anything for ratings and crowd control.

Dave
    timantula likes this.

Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbone View Post
    I suppose I should appologise for my country. This crap is deplorable. Its not even for purpose really, mostly for show. And, just for the record, in most of America, you can't "bring your shotgun and blast the **** out of any rattlesnake that you ever come across." At least not legally. That, for the most part, is Texas. We definitely have more than our share of idiots, and most of them work in the media. Anything for ratings and crowd control.

Dave
    No need to apologise for your country mate. Unfortunately arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand (as well proven in mmafan's post) and when states are entirely self-governing, or near enough, it only takes one boot scooting hillbilly who appeals to enough ill bred, semi literate yokels to become elected then allow practices that would make a large portion of the country hand their heads in shame.

zack13 is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow does no one really realise mmafan is clearly being sarcastic?
    Cockney_Red likes this.

Cockney_Red is offline Power Seller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zack, APS always misses sarcasm, however obvious.....
    Musical Football Herper

Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockney_Red View Post
    Zack, APS always misses sarcasm, however obvious.....
    But due to the sheer stupidity of some its often quite easy to miss intended sarcasm.

SnakeyTroy is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "As for the reasoning beyond these "roundups" probably because "The Bible says snakes are evil and bad dur de dur".....
    Actually The Bible never says that snakes are evil or bad.
    Acording to the acount in Genesis Satan manifests himself in the Garden Of Eden in the form of a snake.
    The snake in itself is not evil, although many have interpreted it to be.

In other parts of the Bible a snake is actually used as a symbol of healing and a
    'Type' or 'figure' of the Messiah. Interestingly, this is lesser known.

I don't meant to be 'preachy', just thought it interesting to mention. :-)
    I'M GOING HERPING!
    I SHOOT ALL AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE..... With a 70-300mm lense on a D-SLR camera.
    Take only photographs..... Leave only footprints.

mmafan555 is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was being sarcastic...especially since I bashed the idiots who participate in these type of events on the 1st page of this thread...But damn I'm sensing some Anti-American feelings in this thread lol.

And for the record I don't think America is any more/less "free" than any other western democracy...and I don't know nearly enough about the subject to make a statement on it either way....

As for Texas...Well the state does produce outstanding Governors lol..You got to give them credit for that

mmafan555 is offline Regular Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave
    I'm not familiar with the laws on killing rattlesnakes...But I'm quite sure one could just yell "It was attacking my family dur de dur" and get away with putting some lead into any snake they come across....even in the most wildlife friendly states...

We definitely have more than our share of idiots, and most of them work in the media. Anything for ratings and crowd control.
    Lol a very true statement.......and speaking of loving America

Sean Hannity Loves America - The Colbert Report - 2008-19-06 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Newt Gingrich Wants to Screw America - The Colbert Report - 2011-10-03 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    Last edited by mmafan555; 19-Mar-12 at 08:08 PM.

Venomous1111 is offline Regular Member
    Age/Gender
    24 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was being sarcastic...especially since I bashed the idiots who participate in these type of events on the 1st page of this thread...But damn I'm sensing some Anti-American feelings in this thread lol.

And for the record I don't think America is any more/less "free" than any other western democracy...and I don't know nearly enough about the subject to make a statement on it either way....

As for Texas...Well the state does produce outstanding Governors lol..You got to give them credit for that
    lol sorry man I thought you were being serious an taking the **** out of Australia, I take my cheeky comments back.

Fuscus is offline Subscriber
    In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded by nerds and nurses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not pick up the sarcasm so, um, sorry.
    Americans do, however, produce idiots and some are exceptional idiots. I have no idea of the percentage of Americans who are world class idiots but I suspect it is only a tiny but obvious minority. I could be wrong though, following American politics at the moment does not engender hope for the American people.

PS Almost all Americans I have dealt with are warm friendly people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with the laws on killing rattlesnakes...But I'm quite sure one could just yell "It was attacking my family dur de dur" and get away with putting some lead into any snake they come across....even in the most wildlife friendly states...

I'm sorry man, I actually bought that last statement And you are right, if someone killed a rattlesnake in thieir house or yard, near their family, just out of ignorance of better safe options, noone would fault them, not even me. It's the showtime thing gathering them up and slaughtering them that kills me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    I did not pick up the sarcasm so, um, sorry.
    Americans do, however, produce idiots and some are exceptional idiots. I have no idea of the percentage of Americans who are world class idiots but I suspect it is only a tiny but obvious minority. I could be wrong though, following American politics at the moment does not engender hope for the American people.

PS Almost all Americans I have dealt with are warm friendly people.

I am american, but my father was British, traveled, I have half siblings in the UK, and in Cananda. I'm not claiming to be wordly by any means, but I do enjot conversing with people from all over, kinda keeps me grounded. And yes, we do produce some spectacular idiots. But I think everyone does, the difference here is they are louder and encouraged. It is a minority, but I wouldn't call it tiny unfortunately, and the vast majority are too complacent to give much fight about it, and just let them go on. That pretty much sums it up. As for American politics, well, that's a whole seperate subject. Seems to be, if a politician goes against the herd, they either get gathered back in by the handlers, or trampled by a stampede. I am actually ashamed to talk to anyone else in the world about our political system, So I'll stick to pythons...

Dave
    mmafan555 likes this.

Age/Gender
    33 Male
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I've gotta apologise too i can't speak for the masses but im not anti American but i am anti idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast