Results 1 to 2 of 2
Snakes Use Friction And Redistribution Of Their Weight To Slither On Flat Terrain
Published: 08-Jun-09 02:00 PM
Snakes use both friction generated by their scales and redistribution of their weight to slither along flat surfaces, researchers have found. Their findings run counter to previous studies that have shown snakes move by pushing laterally against rocks and branches.
[The new discovery runs] ..."counter to previous studies that have shown snakes move by pushing laterally against rocks and branches."
Did any of these previous scientists consider how snakes move when there are no branches or rocks to push off (or any other material for that matter)?
- By News Bot in forum Reptile NewsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-Jun-09, 05:50 PM
- By ben1200 in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 1Last Post: 20-Feb-08, 08:53 PM
- By Adam in forum Positive FeedbackReplies: 1Last Post: 08-Apr-07, 12:55 PM
- By choppy in forum Australian SnakesReplies: 11Last Post: 29-Mar-07, 08:41 AM
- By elapid68 in forum Chit ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 30-Oct-06, 08:08 AM